947     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 617     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

1. Murray plan
2. Ford LRT to Eglinton plan

Both of these plans were far better than both the current SLRT and one stop subway plans

True, though LRT to Eglinton isn't likely going to happen given the advanced stage of ECLRT - there is still time for 1 though, and how will 2 pass the "is it subway" muster (remember the Ford MOU predicated - however unrealistically Sheppard extension on the city's dime since all the provincial money was spent on tunneling the portion of ECLRT between Don Mills and Kennedy)

AoD

Last edited:
Brown.jpg

Its getting built as now the Liberals have to save face after being called out. And Brown just made a clear promise here. It wont be a one-stop when this all shakes out.

Attachments

• Brown.jpg
    Brown.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:
The phrase deserved is being used again and again - but just what is the "subway that one deserves"? This is a really cringy phrase that should be avoided like the plague.

Patrick Brown FTW. All will be right in Ontario

I look forward to him pulling another Sheppard Subway.

AoD

It's an absolute shame that all three provincial parties support the Scarborough extension.

If I'm the Ontario NDP, wouldn't it make political sense to scrap the Scarborough subway extension and say that the DRL will be the main subway priority and it will be built ASAP? By my count, 10 provincial ridings (following the new 2018 boundaries) would be directly impacted by the DRL, compared to 4 (5 at best) for the Scarborough subway extension.

I will look forward to him completing the Sheppard subway

And I look forward to him printing money on trees.

It's an absolute shame that all three provincial parties support the Scarborough extension.

If I'm the Ontario NDP, wouldn't it make political sense to scrap the Scarborough subway extension and say that the DRL will be the main subway priority and build it ASAP? By my count, 10 provincial ridings (following the new 2018 boundaries) would be directly impacted by the DRL, compared to 4-5 for the Scarborough subway extension.

I have no problem with supporting some form of subway expansion - I have every problem with supporting the current form of it on the premise of "deserve".

AoD

I look forward to him pulling another Sheppard Subway.

AoD
I'd like him to add lawrence to the plan. Then when they run out of money half way to STC one city will at least be able to get to a Dr to fix those voices in his head which keeps telling him he deserves something

Back