Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Despite all the talk about the relief line these past few weeks...

Screen shot 2016-02-10 at 10.53.22 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-02-10 at 10.53.22 AM.png
    Screen shot 2016-02-10 at 10.53.22 AM.png
    237.3 KB · Views: 778
Having it in the slide deck at all is a recognition that it's on the table. I'd interpret the language as meaning "The Metrolinx Study, and not the City Study, is all we recognize".

- Paul

Despite all the talk about the relief line these past few weeks...

View attachment 66465

I don't know what you want Metrolinx to say. The only planning work that needs to be completed is the TPAP, and perhaps last minute changes to line design, and those are the responsibility of City Planning, not Metrolinx. The only thing Metrolinx can do at the point is continue to assist the City on advancing that, which is exactly what the slide says.

I don't know what you want Metrolinx to say. The only planning work that needs to be completed is the TPAP, and perhaps last minute changes to line design, and those are the responsibility of City Planning, not Metrolinx. The only thing Metrolinx can do at the point is continue to assist the City on advancing that, which is exactly what the slide says.

I'm just lamenting the fact that so little progress has been made after all these years. We needed to be much further along than this, but we're not. I've been to a few public meetings, and whenever I hear Metrolinx spokespeople respond to questions with empty words like "we will continue to do this or work with bla bla bla", to me it means they don't have a real answer because little work has been done.

I'm just lamenting the fact that so little progress has been made after all these years. We needed to be much further along than this, but we're not. I've been to a few public meetings, and whenever I hear Metrolinx spokespeople respond to questions with empty words like "we will continue to do this or work with bla bla bla", to me it means they don't have a real answer because little work has been done.
Because that is the truth, is it not?

City Planning is working on the first EA on the Relief Line as we speak.

Didn't Keesmat say the recommended route/stations are coming out within weeks?

Recommended route comes out soon. They'll then be steakholder consultations, before the TPAP begins around June. TPAP shouldn't take more than 6 to 8 months to complete, based on previous projects. Around this time next year it should be complete, and we can move on to tender.

Recommended route comes out soon. They'll then be steakholder consultations, before the TPAP begins around June. TPAP shouldn't take more than 6 to 8 months to complete, based on previous projects. Around this time next year it should be complete, and we can move on to tender.

Tender? There's the little problem of lining up funding isn't there?

there is no way this is getting funded and construction started before SmartTrack is. I just don't see it happening

There pretty much is no more SmartTrack. The Metrolinx presentations in the past couple days make it pretty clear that the question has boiled down to "Do we add extra stations onto RER, run a separate service pattern on RER, or do neither?". With any of these options, the timeline for delivery is the same as it would be under just RER. In short, SmartTrack has been swallowed by RER, as it should have been. It's just now spitting out the parts it didn't like.

there is no way this is getting funded and construction started before SmartTrack is. I just don't see it happening

As Gweed mentioned, there is no more SmartTrack.

Furthermore the RER infrastructure that will be used for SmartTrack won't be able to begin construction for a few more years, as the entire RER plan is dependant on RER components elsewhere on the GO network being completed.

Back