News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.6K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 542     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

It would be helpful if you would post the text of a tweet as most people do, or a screenshot of it. Having to click on a link to see it is not very convenient on a smartphone, especially if the tweet gets deleted.
I don't see how that helps, as it was deleted. But here it is:

upload_2017-2-23_13-14-33.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-23_13-14-33.png
    upload_2017-2-23_13-14-33.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 335
I wonder if a good old fashioned parking lot gate, triggered to open only by a streetcar, is needed.

- Paul

The same reason why they didn't put in retractable bollards. The penny-pinchers at City Hall will NOT put in retractable bollards nor gates because of the cost.

However, how much does City Hall and the TTC has to spend to get the idiot drivers (and there are more than three, so far) out of the tunnels? How much time and money wasted until the streetcar tunnels are made available again?

Would be cheaper to scrape the vehicles away before they enter the tunnels.

https://twitter.com/madhatressTO/status/834819755009794053

"How would you describe the TTC?"

"Cesspool - 2"
"Terrible - 1"
"I like dirty subways - 1"
"It's awesome, considering they have no $ - 1"

Hopefully it was a few rogue employees having fun, hopefully employees who don't have any impact on planning.

Probably. Welcome to any office in the world. People goof around a bit, with the assumption that nobody is gonna walk into the office and start tweeting out pictures of their inside jokes.

And just for the record, at least two of those are completely accurate descriptions of the TTC and its management.

It would be helpful if you would post the text of a tweet as most people do, or a screenshot of it. Having to click on a link to see it is not very convenient on a smartphone, especially if the tweet gets deleted.
see everyone is different....i used to post screenshots of tweets and people complained that they wanted the link. Before you ask...no, I am not inclined to do both ;)

The same reason why they didn't put in retractable bollards. The penny-pinchers at City Hall will NOT put in retractable bollards nor gates because of the cost.

However, how much does City Hall and the TTC has to spend to get the idiot drivers (and there are more than three, so far) out of the tunnels? How much time and money wasted until the streetcar tunnels are made available again?

Would be cheaper to scrape the vehicles away before they enter the tunnels.
The same question must also be posed to the King St transit mall.

I can tell you that the 4th option was not in the original poll, was added by someone who did not agree with the premise.

Well in that case, at least one of the three original options is a completely accurate description of TTC management (see the absurd transfer policy that survives countless recommendations to eliminate it, the struggle to implement a farecard system that works well everywhere else, the empty subway trains running back-and-forth on Sheppard until 2:30 AM, and so on)

Oh wow, the Sheppard Line does run until 2:30 AM.

Until 2:30 AM, with the same frequency (one train every 5m30s) as during rush hour. You'd think that maybe they can cut service down to one per 7 minutes or 11 minutes, but apparently not.

And, by the way, they ran with two operators until a few months ago. It took ATC for them to cut back to one operator (for a train that drives itself, no less).

So these are the people tasked with coordinating transit across the region?

This is just six people goofing around in the office. It isn't some "official Metrolinx poll". No need to blow it out of proportion (except to get in those sweet, sweet political jabs)

Probably. Welcome to any office in the world. People goof around a bit, with the assumption that nobody is gonna walk into the office and start tweeting out pictures of their inside jokes.

A very naive assumption..... like sending an email marked "do not forward" and thinking it won't get forwarded.

Regardless of the validity 0r non-validity of the content, it's a very unprofessional thing to allow.

And just for the record, at least two of those are completely accurate descriptions of the TTC and its management.

As an organization that has more hands than they know how to keep in synch, and a mind numbing consulting budget that produces little in hard results, and that tells the public nothing about its performance against project schedule and budget, ML has no business throwing stones at anyone.

- Paul

Regardless of the validity 0r non-validity of the content, it's a very unprofessional thing to allow.

Sounds like you've never been in any workplace before. If the public could suddenly see and comment on every office in the country, millions of people (including myself) would be getting fired for this sort of thing. Nobody's workplace is completely up to the standards of "professionalism".

It's a stupid joke that a few of Metrolinx's hundreds of employees made amongst themselves. No need to be blowing it out of proportion.

Sounds like you've never been in any workplace before. If the public could suddenly see and comment on every office in the country, millions of people (including myself) would be getting fired for this sort of thing. Nobody's workplace is completely up to the standards of "professionalism".

Professionalism 101: Don't write things on whiteboards that you wouldn't want posted online.

It's a stupid joke that a few of Metrolinx's hundreds of employees made amongst themselves. No need to be blowing it out of proportion.

Actually, my job experience has included investigating this kind of stuff, often resulting in discipline up to and including termination - and have successfully defended the decision in labour arbitration. People get fired - or close to it - for this kind of crap.

- Paul

Back