News   Apr 18, 2024
 691     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.2K     2 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Even if that's the case, why wouldn't they at least finish the study? Why would they not have a plan for how the express bus network should grow over the next few years and how much that would cost?

Especially weird when the report has an ETA indicated 6 months before the release.

AoD

Not sure if it has been posted, sorry if it has, but I wasn't aware the TTC was expanding train storage at Kipling station.

From a public tender on MERX:

The work of this Contract consists of the supply of all labour, equipment and materials for the construction of Site services for approximately 1520 feet of storage track west of Kipling Station tail track. Switch machines, signals, traction power connections and turnout installation Work is to be done by TTC forces following the Contract. The goal is to create two (2) additional subway train storage spots at Kipling Station.

https://www.merx.com/English/SUPPLI...ORT=0&IS_SME=N&hcode=vXXoWDRy43lEoFpO6sdOtg==

Not sure if it has been posted, sorry if it has, but I wasn't aware the TTC was expanding train storage at Kipling station.

From a public tender on MERX:

The work of this Contract consists of the supply of all labour, equipment and materials for the construction of Site services for approximately 1520 feet of storage track west of Kipling Station tail track. Switch machines, signals, traction power connections and turnout installation Work is to be done by TTC forces following the Contract. The goal is to create two (2) additional subway train storage spots at Kipling Station.

https://www.merx.com/English/SUPPLIER_Menu.asp?WCE=Show&TAB=3&PORTAL=MERX&State=7&id=PR382492&src=osr&FED_ONLY=0&ACTION=&rowcount=&lastpage=&MoreResults=&PUBSORT=2&CLOSESORT=0&IS_SME=N&hcode=vXXoWDRy43lEoFpO6sdOtg==

I think it;s the same reason they are rebuilding vincent yard (the one just past Dundas West station) they need extra storage space for all the T1 trains and the now have all of the ones from Shepard and they don't have enough space a greenwood yard for all of them

I think it;s the same reason they are rebuilding vincent yard (the one just past Dundas West station) they need extra storage space for all the T1 trains and the now have all of the ones from Shepard and they don't have enough space a greenwood yard for all of them

Are they actually doing that? I have heard of it only as one option for the consideration of management for budget proposals, but never anything beyond that. I think it is unfunded at this point.

Are they actually doing that? I have heard of it only as one option for the consideration of management for budget proposals, but never anything beyond that. I think it is unfunded at this point.
Take a look at Vincent Yard these days, and you'll see that they have been doing work for past couple months in order to reactivate it.

Take a look at Vincent Yard these days, and you'll see that they have been doing work for past couple months in order to reactivate it.
You mean a couple of years, not months.

Back