News   Apr 19, 2024
 226     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 514     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 862     3 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

The gerund of this verb is Delducation, which expresses only the announcement of something and not the actual execution or completion of the intended something. The actual execution and completion requires use of a future tense, as it is consistently future-based and is logically inconsistent with the present tense.

The verb "To Delduca" is only used in the subjunctive tense. See https://www.englishclub.com/grammar/verbs-subjunctive.htm :

- Paul

You really should delduca this to make sure everyone knows about it.

Looking at the list of projects, it's clear that a huge proportion of the funding will go to SOGR for the TTC.

I don't know if that's a good thing, or a bad thing. (I know, I'm kind of looking the gift horse in the mouth, but.....)

I can buy this approach if it evolves into a more formulaic and ongoing support from Ottawa to local transit. In that case, I'm sure that Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary, Edmonton, and a lot of other cities will look for parity. As their systems age, the need to reinvest will emerge there also.

<snip>

- Paul
The funds are being doled out based on ridership, so if other systems are looking for parity, they'll get parity based on what it should likely be based on.

The gerund of this verb is Delducation, which expresses only the announcement of something and not the actual execution or completion of the intended something. The actual execution and completion requires use of a future tense, as it is consistently future-based and is logically inconsistent with the present tense.

The verb "To Delduca" is only used in the subjunctive tense. See https://www.englishclub.com/grammar/verbs-subjunctive.htm :
- Paul

Delducation - Noun. Derog; Multiple political announcements to cause someone to believe that numerous improvements are imminent. Often refers to paltry changes. See also Keesmaatification; Subways, Subways, Subways; Smarttrak (tm) and Sorbara Trust

AoD

Last edited:
I passed by Ossington station today. The main entrance is closed until August 28, then will re-open from August 29 until September 2, then will close again until the end of September. This is for work on accessibility improvements and Presto fare gate installation.
P1070772.JPG

Although it doesn't say so on the TTC's website, the elevators are up and running. Bus platform to concourse:
P1070774.JPG

Concourse to westbound trains:
P1070778.JPG

Concourse to eastbound trains (sorry about the blur here):
P1070780.JPG

Attachments

• P1070772.JPG
    P1070772.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 873
  • P1070774.JPG
    P1070774.JPG
    721.2 KB · Views: 1,080
  • P1070778.JPG
    P1070778.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 811
  • P1070780.JPG
    P1070780.JPG
    623.9 KB · Views: 768
Last edited:
Is this the future for TTC Buses???

These buses weight 12,000 lb less than a normal diesel 40' bus and less impact on the roads. Takes 10 minutes to recharge at the end of the route.

I seen a few in person and yet to ride one. Was hoping to ride a few this summer, but it was cancel.

Doesn't meet TTC current spec's.

The TTC's trolley buses were replaced by CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) buses. That didn't very long. See link.

Will the TTC at least try them? Depends upon how transit-savvy the commissioners, city council, and the bureaucrats are. At the moment, they aren't, so it won't happen anytime soon. Because of budget cuts, they can't experiment.

I don't post too often so Im not sure if this is the right thread, but I came across this TTC brochure from summer 1987 while cleaning out my garage so I took a couple scans to post up here. It's 30 odd pages long with old photos, ads and blurbs on touristy points of interest. So if anyone finds this interesting enough to see more let me know and Ill scan a few more pages

TTC Back Cover.jpg

TTC Front Cover.jpg
TTC The East Way.jpg

Attachments

• TTC Front Cover.jpg
    TTC Front Cover.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 598
  • TTC The East Way.jpg
    TTC The East Way.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 570
  • TTC Back Cover.jpg
    TTC Back Cover.jpg
    621.8 KB · Views: 536
Why did the TTC buy CNG busses? And why are there so many stations with "No CNG bus" signs in front of them?

they got rid of them because a few of the engines caught fire. The no CNG signs are in aras where they can't go because the exhaust system was higher up on the roof of the bus.

"In 1988, Orion Bus Industries debuted a prototype designed to operate on compressed natural gas. The fuel was particularly cheap at the time, and the hope was that CNG buses could replace electric trolley buses in such cities as Toronto and Hamilton. This, they did, but CNG never caught on; transit agencies complained about the complexities of refuelling, and a number of CNG buses were converted to operate on standard diesel. " ( http://transit.toronto.on.ca/bus/8509.shtml )

Amazing to see how things have changed. In 1986 the TTC was the best public transit systems in North America; fast forward 30 years later and you put it on a list of one of the worst in North America.

Amazing to see how things have changed. In 1986 the TTC was the best public transit systems in North America; fast forward 30 years later and you put it on a list of one of the worst in North America.

In 1986, the TTC was funded adequately by both Metro Toronto and Queens Park. Today, the TTC is underfunded, and Mayor Tory still wants the TTC budget to be cut by 2.6%. Meaning, the TTC will remain where it is now.

In 1986, the TTC was funded adequately by both Metro Toronto and Queens Park. Today, the TTC is underfunded, and Mayor Tory still wants the TTC budget to be cut by 2.6%. Meaning, the TTC will remain where it is now.
If the cut actually happens the TTC will certainly decline, further, you can't cut a budget by 2.6% and make no allowance for inflation (ca 2%) without it being very visible..

Back