News   Apr 23, 2024
 9     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 820     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 283     0 

TTC: New Fare Gate Installation

Instead of 3 pages of transactions, you'll see only 4 or 5 transactions to verify. Like only gasoline transactions and PRESTO transactions.
We are talking about AutoReload - which has been running for about 6 years.

I think you are talking about tapping your credit card to pay your fare - which isn't available yet.

With Autoreload, there's only 1 or 2 transactions a month. Mind you, I don't fill the gas in the car more than that ... less sometimes, I can go a couple of months without even driving it sometimes.

Regular turnstiles at Eglinton Station main entrance have been removed. Area to the right of the collector booth is closed. Area to the left is clear for exiting. The regular booth plus one crash collector is open.

Work has begun on the exit/ entrance from the westbound platform at Victoria Park. The old highgates are gone and an Info person is stationed there to direct poel to use the main entrance.

I got some pictures today of new gates at Kendy they replaced an old exit near the far end of the bsu platform towards the go train station on the mezzanine level. Interesting they are presto only and also have a second reader on the accessible one at lower height.
32805108544_19a16c2611_z_d.jpg

Alos I got one of the work going on at Victoria Park for he exit/ entrance on the west end of the westbound platform. currently they have just removed the old high gates from the area. It's due to reopen in May.

32834434723_869893155b_z_d.jpg

The Second Entrance looks to be almost complete . It looks like they may be waiting on a few more gates to finish it off.

I got some pictures today of new gates at Kendy they replaced an old exit near the far end of the bsu platform towards the go train station on the mezzanine level. Interesting they are presto only and also have a second reader on the accessible one at lower height.
32805108544_19a16c2611_z_d.jpg
Well considering that this is at the GO station end, most would already be using a presto card. As for the lowered target, I believe that was a recommendation by ACAT as they argued that some would not be able to tap at the normal height.

Well considering that this is at the GO station end, most would already be using a presto card. As for the lowered target, I believe that was a recommendation by ACAT as they argued that some would not be able to tap at the normal height.
Yes I believe it was put forth by them personally I think they should put it on all of them regardless of type as most people don't seem to know what part to tap the card on. I've had to help a few confused people as well I have seen a TTC worker showing someone how to use it as well.

So the news mentions that you can cheat these gates with an umbrella to get on for free and shows us how to do it, so now more people will end up doing it!

So the news mentions that you can cheat these gates with an umbrella to get on for free and shows us how to do it, so now more people will end up doing it!
I got more confidence in people than that.

There's a huge difference between getting on and violating the "honour system" and intentionally messing with a gate.
With all the cameras around the risk of getting caught does not outweigh saving 3 bucks.

Just like how swiping a brie at the grocery store is pretty easy, but most people don't do it.

I got more confidence in people than that.

There's a huge difference between getting on and violating the "honour system" and intentionally messing with a gate.
With all the cameras around the risk of getting caught does not outweigh saving 3 bucks.

Just like how swiping a brie at the grocery store is pretty easy, but most people don't do it.
I like to think that there are more honest people in Toronto that pay their fair then there are dishonest ones that I would like to thank personally for raising the fare for us that do pay.

Back