News   Apr 25, 2024
 90     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

TTC: New Fare Gate Installation

Line of sight maybe because someone aoroching from the entrance wouldn't be able to see it behind the supporting collum.

i dont know....theres a pretty bright screen and a green arrow shining across the hall..plus the column isnt as close as the angle perceives...

i dont know....theres a pretty bright screen and a green arrow shining across the hall..plus the column isnt as close as the angle perceives...
I ment from the other side coming into the station as most poel will split up around the column and head for the first gates they see and not look for ones that are off to the side.

What is this box?

ya61wcJ.jpg

They seemed to be installing one at one of the Sheppard-Yonge automatic entrances when I walked by tonight.

Does anyone have a clue when the North entrance to Eglinton station will have Presto gates implemented? Currently they only have them installed at the Yonge Street entrance which makes it inconvenient for people trying to enter the station via the Eglinton Centre entrance.

Does anyone have a clue when the North entrance to Eglinton station will have Presto gates implemented? Currently they only have them installed at the Yonge Street entrance which makes it inconvenient for people trying to enter the station via the Eglinton Centre entrance.
Now that all stations have at least one PRESTO entrance the TTC are working around the system installing PRESTO gates at automatic and secondary entrances and installing new gates (and more readers) on the early stations like those on the "loop" - which got PRESTO readers attached to a few old gate. No doubt the TTC has a schedule but I have never seen it posted anywhere. Certainly, the use of PRESTO in stations like King and Queens Park ought to put them high up the list as there are often queues to get into the stations but ..... (Some are probably far easier to do than others as they already have power and communication wiring.)

Thanks for the answer @DSC. I asked because I was under the impression that the TTC will hold off on any upgrades because of potential expansion/connection to the Crosstown line

I've noticed a few new fare gates where on the exit side the display will show wait instead of the usual green go symbol, but the gate still opens normally as you exit.

Twice now I have had my Presto card denied at all the gates. Swipe it and the screen turns from green to red. I have auto reload and my balace was > $30 each time (I only use TTC). Second time was this morning. I wonder what the issue is?

Twice now I have had my Presto card denied at all the gates. Swipe it and the screen turns from green to red. I have auto reload and my balace was > $30 each time (I only use TTC). Second time was this morning. I wonder what the issue is?
I think you meant tap?

Back