Toronto Kipling Station Transit Hub | ?m | 2s | Metrolinx | SAI

City Council has approved moving ahead with the Metrolinx terminal, story on the front page.

Now what happens to the Regional Hub at Kipling if Council procced with the extension to Cloverdale within the next 5-15 years???

Now if they had listen to the Ward Councilor who is now the MPP back in 2005, Cloverdale station would be in service now along with the Regional Hub, saving Millions yearly for everyone. Islington would have its new small bus terminal to the north of the existing one, freeing up the land for more condos.

What a waste of time and money.

kind of ironic that that Councillor is now a Liberal and Liberals have been in power since 2005. In the crazy world of Toronto, I would not be surprised if the Kipling Hub is nearing completion just as the extension construction begins.

I would be very surprised if the study to extend the subway to Sherway results in the extension being recommended for quite a while. I would personally like to see it go further west, but there's so much to build which is more important that I cannot see this one getting much traction for a couple of decades.

Now what happens to the Regional Hub at Kipling if Council procced with the extension to Cloverdale within the next 5-15 years???
20160510_6719_1800x1046.jpg

Photo by Vik Pahwa

...for about 20 years after the extension opens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't see how extending to Cloverdale changes anything about the best place for a regional hub? Even if they put an additional GO stop at 427 between Dixie and Kipling, it's 500m+ from the south end of Cloverdale/Dundas St.

Don't see how extending to Cloverdale changes anything about the best place for a regional hub? Even if they put an additional GO stop at 427 between Dixie and Kipling, it's 500m+ from the south end of Cloverdale/Dundas St.
427 is a quicker on/off to/from the hub at Cloverdale for GO Buses compare traveling the streets to get to/from 427 and the Gardiner at Kipling.

Less distance and time for most MT routes using Cloverdale compare to Kipling.

Can built the correct ODA GO station at Cloverdale that can't be done at Kipling.

Cloverdale will allow Brampton and YRT to run routes to Cloverdale since there is more room to add them there compare to none at Kipling.

Cloverdale will allow GO & MT room to add more buses to meet the needs in the coming years

TTC will finally get a station with room for their current and future needs that can be met compare to over crowded at Kipling today since it was under built from day one. Most of all, it a huge saving for TTC since it cuts out all that deadheading time to/from routes.

Cloverdale will offer more choices to those who will be within walking distance with greater density than Kipling will every have.

The Big Move call for the Gateway Hub at Cloverdale, not Kipling, so that is saying opposit to what you are saying.

Reduce the traffic on Dundas trying to get to/from the subway.

Adding another stop for GO trains is only one of 4 more that should be added to the line within Toronto and this is where GO/Metrolinx can't see them because they have blinders on and thinking the 60's. I said in 2007 GO/Metrolinx needs to reinvent itself by offering different types of service system wide with more infill stations that would be mainly walkin stations and this includeded Toronto.

Now if they had listen to the Ward Councilor who is now the MPP back in 2005, Cloverdale station would be in service now along with the Regional Hub, saving Millions yearly for everyone. Islington would have its new small bus terminal to the north of the existing one, freeing up the land for more condos.

Here's the Islington Stn project site from Build Toronto:
http://buildtoronto.ca/project/bloor_street_west_and_islington_avenue/

It's been around for quite a few years now. Much like the Hydro tower setback issues at Kipling, I imagine there are similar issues concerning the towers on the parking lot site.

When does the shovel go into the ground for this mobility hub project?
If it is supposed to open in 2019, contract has to be awarded this year. I am expecting 2020 opening.

Before work can start, TTC current parking lot will have to be close and rebuilt to the plan TTC approved last year for their new parking lot. Once that is done, the the road can be closed to start building the hub.

If it is supposed to open in 2019, contract has to be awarded this year. I am expecting 2020 opening.

Before work can start, TTC current parking lot will have to be close and rebuilt to the plan TTC approved last year for their new parking lot. Once that is done, the the road can be closed to start building the hub.

Except that they are working on the Six Points Intersection now, so any construction would have to be coordinated. See http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/roads-six-points-interchange-reconfiguration-city-of-toronto-proposal.3142/

Except that they are working on the Six Points Intersection now, so any construction would have to be coordinated. See http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/roads-six-points-interchange-reconfiguration-city-of-toronto-proposal.3142/
Six point work has nothing to do with the new hub.

Its Subway Cr road that has to be close. The final closure will be the west entrance, south of the entrance to the condo building to the kiss-ride loop. A new road from the rebuild parking lot will be the only way to get to the kiss-ride loop.

When is the time to point out that the Hub should be at 427 (extend the subway 1 stop). Is there any chance the Province will see the light or are they committed to awarding this contract before the election - to ensure the wrong thing is done.

When is the time to point out that the Hub should be at 427 (extend the subway 1 stop). Is there any chance the Province will see the light or are they committed to awarding this contract before the election - to ensure the wrong thing is done.

The right time was before ML sunk a pile of money into design, redesign, TPAP and community consultations.

I agree with you, but this ship has sailed. We will be doing this over again in a few years, and Etobicoke will soon have a lovely Farmers' Market to enliven Saturday mornings in the Kip District.

- Paul

even if the subway was extended west to Honeydale or beyond....it is not clear to me that the main bus terminal should be anywhere but Kipling.....Kipling does have the advantage of connecting to GO trains as well as subway.

Back