Toronto Leslie Barns | ?m | ?s | TTC | SAI

Don't think we'll end up with a sinkhole.

A-sinkhole-in-Guatemala-C-006.jpg

Attachments

• A-sinkhole-in-Guatemala-C-006.jpg
    A-sinkhole-in-Guatemala-C-006.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,536
Is it possible for a project like this to cause sinking? As far as I can tell, there hasn't been too much digging for this project, so I wouldn't expect sinking to be a problem. But I'm not an engineer so I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Yeah I wouldn't rely on his expertise which is why I asked you guys! But, given what Edward just mentioned regarding the land, it didn't seem unlikely. Hopefully it isn't a problem!

I hate how they word that.

The original cost has not grown to $105 million, because the original cost was only for the TTC portion of the project, not new water valves and sewers. Two different projects, just done at the same time for convenience. (Though I don't doubt for a second that the $15 million was surpassed by a few million)

I'd suspect that a lot more of the Leslie cost is for the sewer, sidewalks, and other stuff not necessary if they just did the tracks, than it is for the tracks. I've not even a separated ROW.

Definitely shouldn't all be considered an "overrun". The City is trying (trying!) to coordinate infrastructure rehab / replacement to all happen simultaneously wherever possible - so this particular one aligned with goals of sewer / WM replacement as well as other works. With luck, it will be followed by a construction moratorium on Leslie of at least 5 years.

Back