News   Apr 17, 2024
 350     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2K     1 

TTC from Pearson

JAMIE

Member Bio
Reaction score
I have been to Toronto many times and have only just returned. Normally my wife and me take the Airport Express. However this is not a cheap route although it takes you direct to the hotel. The Sheraton on Queen St. West is where we always stay. We thought we might try the TTC 192 when we return in April. Just when we thought we knew where to get it, there seems to have been a change. Does it now pick up at T1 for Kipling and drop you back at the airport at T3 arrivals. Unfortunately for us we arrive and depart from T3 so this would involve changing terminals to get to T1 for Kipling. Also I can find no way of e-mailing to ask the TTC if luggage is allowed on the bus or if there is storage for it. I have read various reports about people standing in the bus with luggage all the way to Kipling. Any help or advice from members would be much appreciated.

Hello Jamie,

The 192 Airport Rocket is a great way to reach the airport.

The bus loops through both terminals, first Terminal 3 (arrivals level, at the north end) then Terminal 1 (on the bottom floor, one below arrivals). You can certainly board the bus at T3, no change of buses required.

I can see how the TTC website has caused your confusion. We have a whole thread on this forum about the confusion caused by that website.

The bus is a regular city bus. Yes, you can take luggage on it, but there's no special luggage storage space. So you will need to stand or sit beside your luggage for the trip, and it might be a tight squeeze if the bus is busy. The bus is mostly used by business travellers and students who don't have large bags. If you have lots of luggage, you will probably want to stick with the Airport Express.

The 192 picked me up at T1 and dropped me off at Kipling last Saturday as usual. It drops folks off at T3 first whenever I've taken it from Kipling. There's a luggage area at the front of the bus. I always fly on Saturdays and haven't seen anyone having to stand, but perhaps at really busy times of day they do.

Inside the terminal, that super-duper express moving walkway still isn't in service ...

Super convenient if you don't have a lot of luggage. Remember to bring change if you don't have a metropass or token!

Super convenient if you don't have a lot of luggage. Remember to bring change if you don't have a metropass or token!

i tried to convert $2.75 worth of Yen at the foreign currency exchange booth and the lady just gave me the bus fare :D

A bunch of people on the bus carried large duffle bags. It wasn't an issue.

Overall a good service the 192, both to and from the airport. But this is Toronto so:

- The poor signage in the terminal can make it a challenge to get to it. If you are familiar with the airport, it's a slam dunk.

- Usually no extra room on the bus for luggage, rarely the wheelchair seat will be raised which gives lots of space.

- Sometimes one can set a bag on the wheel cowling at the front, sometimes not.

- Generally low loading buses which are a piece of cake for heavy luggage. Occasionally still the step up job and navigating up four stairs and around the pole can be tricky with luggage unless a fit person.

- Finding three dollars in coin when arriving from a foreign destination can be a challenge although I was given the remains of a weekly pass by a departing passenger on one occasion.

- Passing through YYZ more than 20 times a year since the new T1 was opened, I have seen the super high speed walkway working once!

With the exception of the walkway, these problems can all be fixed easily and at little or no cost. All it takes is the appreciation there is a better way and the will to do it. Neither is particularly in evidence in the TTC or in the Toronto Airport management.

Many thanks from all members. Good information. My wife and I only have 2 24" cases when arriving as we bought this size one year as we were going on the VIA to Montreal. They are always light in weight on arrival so we can fill them for our return. I think we could manage the downtown trip but it would be better to get the Airport Express back to the airport as we will also have a couple of carry on's. We have change for the bus as we make sure when we return from our vacation that we have some Canadian money left for incidentals at the airport on our return. It's pouring rain at the moment and I am waiting on a soccer game coming on the tv. I think it may be rained off though. I can remember our last day in Toronto a few weeks ago when my wife and me went to Heritage park across from the Skydome to have a look at the trains. Unfortunately they are doing repairs and some of the trains were covered but the weather was beautiful and the Acers were a multitude of colours. Why did we come home????????????????????????????????????????????

I think you cannot....only pay cash on the TTC bus.
That seems daft ... I can see a lot of people arriving at Pearson without much in the way of change! Surely, if they can't get a machine there somewhere, they could have the ground transportation desk selling tokens.

The high-speed walkway was operational when I flew back from Paris on October 18th. I took a video.

Back