News   Apr 18, 2024
 526     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 4.1K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.2K     4 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Did anyone definitively place 4450 as having been shipped from Thunder Bay (as opposed to from another facility)? It kinda appeared out of nowhere.

None of the previous known transporter cars are on the move from T Bay at this moment. Two are back in Thunder Bay at Bombardier, and the third may have gone to Kingston.

- Paul
I asked that question the day when it was stated 4450 had arrived.

The only place TTC cars are being built is in Thunder Bay that I know of. You never know what BBD could be up to these days to even have them built off shore and flown in as one piece or 2 sections, but someone would noticed this.

Need at least 5 flats for Thunder Bay if they are to produce a car every 3 days, if not more the way CP ships them.

Once they start shipping Edmonton cars, they will need 2 flats per car plus 2 idlers and will take at least 3-4 week turn around for them.

I asked that question the day when it was stated 4450 had arrived.

The only place TTC cars are being built is in Thunder Bay that I know of. You never know what BBD could be up to these days to even have them built off shore and flown in as one piece or 2 sections, but someone would noticed this.

Need at least 5 flats for Thunder Bay if they are to produce a car every 3 days, if not more the way CP ships them.

Once they start shipping Edmonton cars, they will need 2 flats per car plus 2 idlers and will take at least 3-4 week turn around for them.

When are the expected to start shipping for Edmonton?

When are the expected to start shipping for Edmonton?
no idea other than they are suppose to start construction next year. I stand to be corrected, but they are to see service 2020/21

Got to blame management for these problems, but does fall on workers as well. With only 10 cars to go, not going to be close.

GPS has both 4449 & 4450 missing in action at this time.

TTC CEO Report
http://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Com...ive_Officer's_Report_November_2017_Update.pdf

Oct
New Streetcar Mean Distance Between Failures Aug 2017 19,189 km 35,000 km

Nov
New Streetcar Mean Distance Between Failures Sep 2017 7,554 km 35,000 km
The MDBF decreased in September to 7,554 kilometres. Contractual KPI will be included upon the acceptance of the 60th new streetcar and attainment of specified fleet mileage. Upon acceptance of the 60th LFLRV, the reliability target is 35,000 km between chargeable defects due to delays equal to or longer than five minutes. Bombardier's LFLRV mileage is calculated according to each calendar month, whereas the CLRV and ALRV mileage is calculated according to the TTC's financial period. Of the 27 Category B failures reported in September, 12 were doorrelated. A plan is in place to create a reference car ("golden train") to ensure manufacturing and set-up quality is consistently maintained to reduce downtime and a major door modification program is in progress.

Oct
New Streetcar Mean Distance Between Failures Aug 2017 19,189 km 35,000 km

Nov
New Streetcar Mean Distance Between Failures Sep 2017 7,554 km 35,000 km
This sounds a lot worse than it looks when you look at the figure. It's actually August (the October report) that's the outlier, not September (the November report).
upload_2017-11-8_0-50-38.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-8_0-50-38.png
    upload_2017-11-8_0-50-38.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
This sounds a lot worse than it looks when you look at the figure. It's actually October that's the outlier, not November.
/QUOTE]
I posted what was in the CEO report for the current and last month, not where we stand today.

Based on doors issues, it most likely why cars are taking longer to get to the burn in stage since staff knows what to look for as well check first.

At the current rate of delivery, will most likely see 4460 in Jan 2018, not this year as plan unless there a mass shipment of cars in the next 7 weeks. Even a car a week will only take us to 4457 at this time. Far short of having 4465 here as plan. Even with 2 cars a week, we will see 4464 with the possibility of 4465.

Its been 10 days since 4450 arrived and 2 days it started to do burn in.

What TTC will do once 4460 is here for the failure rate will be interesting considering how long it took to fix the doors on the TR that still don't open under 2-3 seconds these days. About 10 years since the first one arrived and still having door problems doesn't bow well the the new streetcars.

Unless 4451 gets ship in the next 8 days, no more cars going into service this month after 4449 schedule for Thursday and 4450 next week.

I posted what was in the CEO report for the current and last month, not where we stand today.
Your posted the most recent data from the October and November report. I posted the image from the graph report.

If you are criticizing to my somewhat ambiguous text, I think it's pretty clear from context that I'm not discussing the November data during the first week of the month!

Personally I'm skeptical about 60. They seem to have reached the 3 car/month threshold, so with a desperate end of year extra car or two I'll guess 57-58.

Reactions: DSC
Personally I'm skeptical about 60. They seem to have reached the 3 car/month threshold, so with a desperate end of year extra car or two I'll guess 57-58.
sceptical....I would use highly doubtful instead.... there hasnt been one schedule in the last 10 years that bbr has actually met for all of ttc's rail products

Back