News   Apr 24, 2024
 716     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 947     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 564     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Here is the 24th Flexity tram, TTC 4425,View attachment 89443 approaching the northbound Sullivan Street platform on the 510 Spadina line on Tuesday, October 18th, 2016. She entered service on Friday, October 7th, 2016, and this is her 12th day of service.
Nice pic....are you sure about those dates? On October 1 it was pictured in Thunder Bay....in this thread a reliable poster said it had its first in service run on the 12th. Is it possible it was delivered on the 7th, entered service on the 12th and that today is it's 7th day of service?

Nice pic....are you sure about those dates? On October 1 it was pictured in Thunder Bay....in this thread a reliable poster said it had its first in service run on the 12th. Is it possible it was delivered on the 7th, entered service on the 12th and that today is it's 7th day of service?
I have it arriving on the 6th, tow to the Barns on the 7th, enter service just before noon on the 12th. In service 7 days.

Now where is 4402 or 4426?? If either get ship next week, will make it 2 this month, leaving 5 more for the next 2 months to meet the 30 this year as promises.

Caught a few shots of 4425 on the weekend.

You are right, I had the wrong dates. I first noticed it in nextbus.com on Friday, October 14th and it has been in service ever since.
I just wanted to document that it was in service because there was a previous mention somewhere that there was no proof unless you could provide a picture. I get regular updates from my CRO contact in Thunder Bay so if anyone needs information I would be glad to provide what I have. I will continue to take pictures of new arrivals for my own purposes and I will be glad to share them if requested.

I'm pretty sure they are. TTC was still expanding the order as recently as March 2014; 60 cars for Spadina IIRC.

There are only a couple of trainsets left to be delivered of the six-car sets and I think two of the four-car sets so they're pretty much wrapping up. Someone else may have more specific details, but that's generally where they're at.

There are only a couple of trainsets left to be delivered of the six-car sets and I think two of the four-car sets so they're pretty much wrapping up. Someone else may have more specific details, but that's generally where they're at.
That's pretty much it. One 6-car set is being delivered, one 6-car set is left to be delivered, and two 4-car sets are left to be delivered.

The picture is only 5 days old, taken at Leslie Barns from when it entered service. Not that bad.
Not having visited the Barns that didn't jump out at me but looking again it is obvious. That said, the "on schedule" thing is ridiculous with 10 weeks left in 2016 and 6 shy of the committed 30 operational production LRVs.

Brad Ross, who expects the 25th streetcar to arrive in the next day or so. Has it even left Thunder Bay and if not, more like end of next week??? Bombardier has promised to deliver 30 by year’s end and 70 by the end of 2017.

Gee!! a car every 2 week in 2017 while Siemens is shipping a car a week in the US to one buyer.

Bombardier cutting 7,500 jobs over two years

Brad Ross, who expects the 25th streetcar to arrive in the next day or so. Has it even left Thunder Bay and if not, more like end of next week??? Bombardier has promised to deliver 30 by year’s end and 70 by the end of 2017.

Gee!! a car every 2 week in 2017 while Siemens is shipping a car a week in the US to one buyer.

Bombardier cutting 7,500 jobs over two years
In headlines elsewhere the rail divisions are mentioned. I've yet to read details, but this is troubling.

Quick glimpse of the copy linked above states:
[...]
The company has also moved rail production to Kingston so workers can focus on Metrolinx’s light rail vehicle order, while the Thunder Bay plant works exclusively on the TTC’s long delayed streetcars.

“Bombardier has assured us that today’s news has no impact on our order,” said TTC spokesman Brad Ross, who expects the 25th streetcar to arrive in the next day or so.

Bombardier was supposed to have supplied 73 of the TTC’s new fleet of 204 streetcars by the end of 2015, but the TTC has just 24 in service. Bombardier has promised to deliver 30 by year’s end and 70 by the end of 2017.
[...]

Time will tell...

Brad Ross, who expects the 25th streetcar to arrive in the next day or so. Has it even left Thunder Bay and if not, more like end of next week???
Flatcar 158091 has a load on it, currently at TB awaiting pick-up. Whether it be 4426, 4402, or something for Metrolinx, I don't know. Though probably for TTC given that Brad thinks it's en-route. So probably here early next week.

Edit - reading elsewhere that 4426 is coming before 4402 - so probably 4426.

edit - not loaded, but should load tonight.

Last edited:

Back