News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.1K     3 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 456     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.1K     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

The side sheets would be the measurement over the frame at floor height. The thresholds presumably refer to the tread of the doors.

- Paul

Additionally, Spadina is supposed to be 100% flexity-operated, and that has been the "rule" for a while now, however ALRVs are still showing up on it. When there are insufficient flexities to provide vehicles to a route that is supposed to be 100% converted, and a different car with known issues handling both terminus stations on the line is used instead, that is a matter for concern.

It makes me wonder what they are doing with them all. The other day I counted 8 out on 510 and two on 509. we have 15 they can use for service. Are they trelly using 5 for driver training?

It makes me wonder what they are doing with them all. The other day I counted 8 out on 510 and two on 509. we have 15 they can use for service. Are they trelly using 5 for driver training?
There a thing known as wear and tear to the point the first 5-10 will have out live their life before all the fleet is here or years before they are supposed to. Until TTC has a lot more cars, TTC has to find a way to reduce the wear and tear on the current fleet.

TTC not worry about the existing fleet as they will be phased out as they die or are replace by the new ones. There is only so many rebuilt you can do until its not cost effected to do so.

You always need 10-15% spare ratio to cover maintenance, breakdown and etc. This means 2 cars are currently class as spares.

I was in Istanbul on vacation recently and quite enjoyed both the Flexity variant as well as their new replacement/additional models from Alstom X-04's. I'm not sure what really motivated them switching models but the Bombardier ones were perfectly nice.

I also have to comment on just how much better the system runs than the TTC. I was amazed to see how fast the trams covered the distance between stations, mostly in their own ROW with TSP. Their stop spacing is also so much more realistic, and yet I never felt I had to walk long between stops.

I was in Istanbul on vacation recently and quite enjoyed both the Flexity variant as well as their new replacement/additional models from Alstom X-04's. I'm not sure what really motivated them switching models but the Bombardier ones were perfectly nice.

I also have to comment on just how much better the system runs than the TTC. I was amazed to see how fast the trams covered the distance between stations, mostly in their own ROW with TSP. Their stop spacing is also so much more realistic, and yet I never felt I had to walk long between stops.
Having dragged a suitcase for many blocks from/to my hotel from the (admittedly excellent) Istanbul trams I am not sure I agree that the stop spacing there is perfect. Stops here MAY be too close but I think theirs are too far! Walking to the stop sans case was fine but that simply proves that what is OK for someone may be too far for someone else (or the someone dragging a case!)

There's been 10 out on 510 and 2 on 509 most of the times I've checked in the week; perhaps there's only 8 during morning rush, as there's less demand during AM peak than mid-day.

Right now, there's 13 cars out - 11 on 510, and 2 on 509. All except 4406 and 4413.

There haven't been many sightings of 4401 since it went to Leslie barns, though someone did photograph it on Spadina about 3 weeks ago.

So not news unless it was on it's way to Hillcrest to get shipped back to Thunder Bay.

There haven't been many sightings of 4401 since it went to Leslie barns, though someone did photograph it on Spadina about 3 weeks ago.

So not news unless it was on it's way to Hillcrest to get shipped back to Thunder Bay.

Oops, I must have it confused with another, pre-production car that has already been shipped back? Or I just so wanted it to be a new sighting that I imagined it all, maybe. :)

Back