News   Apr 24, 2024
 952     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 620     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

I don't actually think there's a chance of that. I can't find the numbers upthread, but they still need quite a few more to fully convert 510 and 509. I think it's something like 15 or 20 more.
Unless TTC is planning on running mix vehicles on 509 & 510 this winter, no hope in hell seeing cars on 511 if 510 is to be 100% new cars first as plan. Need spares and 2 training cars before making 509 100% new cars. If by chance, you may see the odd one on 511 if there an extra few cars around.

I wouldn't be surprise to see TTC throw new cars at 504 before 511 in the winter months and on cold days due to ridership demand.

Lets start naming the date 4411 & 4412 will show up.

I guessing sometime in September maybe around the 15th and 30th for them?
Ship, delivery, or in service? if 4410 is delivered today or tomorrow, it likely won't be in service until almost September 15.

I wouldn't be surprised if 4411 ships next week. Hopefully shipments will be weekly after that - though even every two weeks would be significant progress.

Ship, delivery, or in service? if 4410 is delivered today or tomorrow, it likely won't be in service until almost September 15.

I wouldn't be surprised if 4411 ships next week. Hopefully shipments will be weekly after that - though even every two weeks would be significant progress.

I was thinking arrival in the city on those dates. I wonder if there will be a point where they cut the testing down on them? When they receive a new Toronto Rocket train does it need a certain amount of testing on it before they sign off on it?

4404 arrived 2 months after the strike. 4405 was delivered 90 days after 4404. 4406 was delivered 37 days after 4405. 4407 was delivered 35 days after 4406. 4407 was delivered 29 days ago.

Continuing tracking of delivery frequency...

4407 (delivered April 23) - days since last delivery = 29
4408 (delivered June 10) - days since last delivery = 48
4409 (delivered July 23) - days since last delivery = 43
4410 (delivered Aug 26) - days since last delivery = 34

I don't see a significant increase in delivery frequency here.

p.s. delivery dates should be a sticky in this thread.

The arrival of them

Every 2 weeks would do wonders for the system. If that happen, TTC would only have 18 on the road by year end and a far cry from what supposed to be on the road.

The best I see is 26 by year end at this rate and that pushing it.

Continuing tracking of delivery frequency...

4407 (delivered April 23) - days since last delivery = 29
4408 (delivered June 10) - days since last delivery = 48
4409 (delivered July 23) - days since last delivery = 43
4410 (delivered Aug 26) - days since last delivery = 34

I don't see a significant increase in delivery frequency here.

p.s. delivery dates should be a sticky in this thread.
Not sure where you are getting 29 days from. 4406 arrived March 18th, and 4407 arrived April 23 - that's 35 days - as I noted in my post above.

No significant increase yet. What I just said was if they do manage to get it to every 2 weeks (rather than the promised every 1 week) shortly, then it would be a significant increase.

34 days however, is the quickest delivery of a new car; but certainly not a significant gain.

If 4411 does ship as expected though, then that would be a significant increase - if they can sustain it.

Unless TTC is planning on running mix vehicles on 509 & 510 this winter, no hope in hell seeing cars on 511 if 510 is to be 100% new cars first as plan. Need spares and 2 training cars before making 509 100% new cars. If by chance, you may see the odd one on 511 if there an extra few cars around.

Never mind new cars on 511, they're not even putting ALRVs on 511 during the Ex. First time in years they haven't assigned ALRVs during the Ex.

The TTC transit planning service summary for the next board period, Sept 6 - Oct 12 2015, is posted. Includes new overnight routes i.e. 304 King and 317 Spadina.

Reading it, I saw that 317 Spadina, which will operate along the full route from Spadina Station to Union Station, is scheduled to have only 2 vehicles on it, but is still labelled as CLRV/LFsc. I'm hoping that's just a matter of habit. Surely they'll keep 2 LFLRVs on the route overnight, right? Even with only 8 streetcars in service as of yet, I'm hoping they'll be able to cycle out 2 for overnight service, instead of maintenance or whatnot, each day. With only 2 vehicles on the route overnight I think the capacity benefits, the safety of the driver at that time of night having a closed cabin, and especially keeping the route accessible mean that running it exclusively with LFLRVs would be a huge benefit. Also it would mean, for the first time, technically there's a streetcar route 100% operated with LFLRVs. And as a minor point, it was mentioned any CLRVs on 510 will remain signed 510 Spadina overnight, due to the rollsigns not having 317, while LFLRVs with their electronic displays will be correctly signed (and voiced) 317 Spadina--operating the route entirely with them would standardize that off the bat.

Guess there's no way to know for sure until they start running 317 on the 6th...I think it would be quite sad, though, to see any CLRVs ever run on that route as long as it's scheduled for only 2 cars.

Reading it, I saw that 317 Spadina, which will operate along the full route from Spadina Station to Union Station, is scheduled to have only 2 vehicles on it, but is still labelled as CLRV/LFsc. I'm hoping that's just a matter of habit. Surely they'll keep 2 LFLRVs on the route overnight, right?
If you dig further into the summary on page 64 of the PDF you'll see that overnight shows on new streetcar on service, with the remaining ones CLRV or ALRV.

If you dig further into the summary on page 64 of the PDF you'll see that overnight shows on new streetcar on service, with the remaining ones CLRV or ALRV.

Hmm, didn't see that because they don't have it formatted as 'LFsc' for finding...thanks for pointing that out. Ouch; I understand the need to do maintenance on them overnight/have spares/etc with only 8 available for service, but I feel like it ought to be doable to get 2 running overnight.

I guess the issues of passenger capacity and operator safety aren't really different from other overnight streetcar routes, but I think it's pretty ridiculous that passengers with mobility devices on a so-called "accessible route" would have to wait an hour for an accessible streetcar, assuming it even makes the 30 minute scheduled headway...with a mere 2 streetcars on the route it's pretty inconsiderate to disabled passengers to have one be accessible and the other not be. Hopefully they'll reconsider that allotment, perhaps once 4410 is in service, even...or maybe demand will prove higher than expected on this route, at least on certain days e.g. Friday/Saturday nights.

I just tweeted Brad, hopefully we can get some background--maybe this is even a bit of an oversight and can be, or has already been, re-evaluated.

is there a link to this somewhere?

The document, as linked in my prior comment, is here.

If you're referring to that page, I had lots of difficulty finding it as well...it's on page 64 of the file as reported by a PDF viewer, if you go by the page numbers in the document on the bottom-right of each page it's on page 62, which isn't actually numbered so just a page after 61. The actual 317 info is posted on PDF page 8/document page 6.

Image with relevant parts circled:
Untitled.png

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    417.2 KB · Views: 732

Back