News   Apr 24, 2024
 190     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 2.2K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 612     0 

Triumph, The (1971 Lakeshore Rd W, Mississauga, 15s, Makow Assoc. Architect)

I think developers are getting mixed messages from our fair city of Mississauga which claims it wants to be more "urban" and wants to "intensify" but then refuses a bunch of applications fo higher density. Doesn't compute.

Well, it depends. Some intersections and areas should not have density, while others do.
I'm not so sure this intersection really needs much density.

Well, it depends. Some intersections and areas should not have density, while others do.
I'm not so sure this intersection really needs much density.

Provincial legislation and the provincial planning framework that the City of Mississauga must conform to encourages intensification around transit nodes and on main transportation corridors that this site is located in. Furthermore there are precedents for increased allocations of density in land parcels immediately adjacent to the subject site and within the immediate vicinity of the subject site. This greyfield site is perfectly suited for a medium-to-high density development from a planning perspective, an infrastructure capacity perspective and an economic perspective.

Well it's on Lakeshore, which in and of itself should tell us that it should be targeted for higher density, imho.

Hmm, I don't think that just because it's Lakeshore means it should have higher density. For example, I wouldn't want to see high density around Jack Darling park on Lakeshore.

I know this area fairly well and I think if the 50s/60s Satellite Diner gets knocked down it'd be a lose for the community. Clarkson has a bunch of great retro style structures still floating around, like the Canadian Tire gas station on the north side of the GO Station.

I'm not a huge fan of this building as it is. I can understanding the community opposition, especially since the Walden Circle area has messed up parking for the type of area it is (which is surprising). I'd rather see this be maxed out around 6-8s, especially since the Clarkson mainstreet study came out with a similar conclusion.

Hmm, I don't think that just because it's Lakeshore means it should have higher density. For example, I wouldn't want to see high density around Jack Darling park on Lakeshore.

The site is a couple minute walk from the Clarkson GO Station and a small mississauga bus terminal.

The site is a couple minute walk from the Clarkson GO Station and a small mississauga bus terminal.
It's on the higher end of the 500m walking radius to Clarkson GO (~480m I think. It's in the report). Since they opened the new pedestrian bridge over Southdown, it has become an easy walk.

Council voted 11-0 to refuse this development.

A few new board were display that contradict the Focus group presentation, but to late.

I have offer my service to the developer to help them and will get together in the new year to see what can be done.

Last edited:
Received the notice of the prehearing Conference on Friday for this project and it is schedule for May 17 at City Hall.

Will be there supporting the application.

Mod's
The owner is 607074 Ontario Ltd and Makow Associates Architect Inc 15's 124 unit. Retail a grade.

If Mississauga expects Toronto to expand the Lakeshore streetcar to Port Credit then developments like this are needed all along Lakeshore.

Update:

There was an OMB pre-hearing on May 31 regarding the proposal for 1969 & 1971 Lakeshore Road West. An eight-day hearing beginning on November 1, 2010 has been scheduled.

Back