Trinity Bellwoods (Urban Capital/Shram Homes) - Real Estate -

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Real Estate thread for purchasers at Trinity Bellwoods Towns + Homes by Urban Capital and Shram Homes in Little Italy.

As a purchaser in this development, I can attest that this is a great development and will bring new life to this area. However, to be candid and for those who are interested in the competency of the builder of this development - Shram Homes and Urban Capital, I can state that I have encountered some crazy and unexpected issues (that I am hopeful can be resolved). Namely, these homes were designed for downtown living and are fairly narrow in nature. It would appear that Shram Homes, Urban Capital, and possibly Cecconi Simone (the design firm) failed to properly assess these limitations before offering a Wolf appliance upgrade. With the final touches underway to the first block of homes, I was recently notified that the Wolf appliance upgrade that I paid for in full and in cash over a year ago cannot be installed AS THEY DO NOT FIT. I am still waiting to hear back about what went wrong. It is difficult to fathom that the development's team (given their track records) failed to account for the measurements prior to putting together the upgrade package. Aside from this hiccup, the construction appears to be quite solid. I will provide a further update once I return from the PDI inspection in a few weeks at which time I will be able to comment on the attention to detail given to the interior finishes.

Cheers.

Last edited:
hi FSR, thanks for posting the info. I've been following your project closely as we bought in Block, sort of a sister development up the street (same architect and designers, different builder). I think the Trinity homes are looking great and I look forward to hearing about it from a purchaser. I too think these developments will really bring exciting life to the residential side of the college/dundas area. and I love that proper family homes are being built in the core.

that is really unfortunate about the appliances. seriously an oversight. are they offering you a refund at least?? I'd contact Cecconi Simone and complain, as really I think it's their error more than anyone else.

please do post info post PDI, as I'm sure that advice will be helpful for those of us who bought in yours or similar projects. also, if you don't mind, since Block is being built with the same construction style as Trinity would you let me know how the soundproofing is between units? if you don't want to write on the forum about this stuff i'd love a PM even. just so we know somewhat what we're in for as we move in June.

thanks!! J

Hi Jennypea! Congrats on your purchase at Block! I am very familiar with that development and have been following it closely as well. We can certainly compare notes through PM if you wish.

The builder has certainly offered us a refund for the Wolf oven that does not fit, however it is the loss of functionality that we are disappointed with (trust me, a temperature probe completely revolutionizes how you cook, and how perfectly cooked your meats are!) and also to a lesser degree, the loss of the Wolf brand. We asked to see if there were any alternate ovens that might fit, but unfortunately we heard today that there was not one. I've been spending all my free time trying to help out and find possible options for the builder, but it's difficult as I don't know the exact nature as to where the fit is a concern.

As with everything in life, it's frustrating to have no options, and hopefully the builder understands that we are just trying to keep our dream home truly ours. I will say that Paul Johnston and builder representatives have been responsive in communicating, even during off hours, and we truly do appreciate that.

My partner has been a huge fan of Cecconi Simone since she was in high school, and I am looking forward to what I'm sure will be beautifully appointed interiors; I will update after the PDI.

hi FSR, thanks for posting the info. I've been following your project closely as we bought in Block, sort of a sister development up the street (same architect and designers, different builder). I think the Trinity homes are looking great and I look forward to hearing about it from a purchaser. I too think these developments will really bring exciting life to the residential side of the college/dundas area. and I love that proper family homes are being built in the core.

that is really unfortunate about the appliances. seriously an oversight. are they offering you a refund at least?? I'd contact Cecconi Simone and complain, as really I think it's their error more than anyone else.

please do post info post PDI, as I'm sure that advice will be helpful for those of us who bought in yours or similar projects. also, if you don't mind, since Block is being built with the same construction style as Trinity would you let me know how the soundproofing is between units? if you don't want to write on the forum about this stuff i'd love a PM even. just so we know somewhat what we're in for as we move in June.

thanks!! J

great, looking forward to the updates. which unit type did you buy? I went by your project today and the crew was working really hard even late on a saturday afternoon, they're clearly trying to get them done.

Hi Jennypea! Thanks for the update. We received a formal letter from the builder late last week and they have stated that they are looking good for occupancy at the end of this month/early next month so I'm sure they're working extremely hard to get everything wrapped up for our PDI inspections. We purchased the Series 19 (1898 Sq. Ft.) model.

On the appliance front, we have heard back from the builder and they are looking into a possible Miele oven that would fit the space. We are hopeful that something can be sorted out shortly - but the good news is: there is an option!

Chat soon!

great, looking forward to the updates. which unit type did you buy? I went by your project today and the crew was working really hard even late on a saturday afternoon, they're clearly trying to get them done.

did you get your Miele? I know they're putting Miele in at block and we're a similar width so hopefully they can get you a top notch oven. remind me at Trinity is your oven in the island or against the wall?

Hi Jennypea! Yes, the builder managed to accommodate our suggestion for the 27" Miele Masterchef oven with temperature probe! We are very happy that the builder recognized how important the functionality of the oven was to us. Also, Michael Gnat at Midnorthern Appliance was extremely helpful in answering all of our questions and in the appliance selection, so if you have any questions regarding your Miele appliances, we would certainly recommend him! Our oven is located in the island.

The additional work has delayed our closing about a week and half. Not the end of the world since the oven functionality is more important. Our PDI has now been pushed back to the end of the month so I cannot give an update on the interior finishes as of yet. Stayed tuned!

how'd the PDI go?

our home at block has now been delayed until the fall so I'm living vicariously through your possession:p

Sorry to hear about your delay! I went by there last week and they are coming along nicely! Are you on the Roxton side or the Shaw side?

Our PDI went well - many expected touch ups and to-do's as with any new construction. We are now moved in with boxes everywhere and trying to unpack. Shopping and looking for the perfect furniture pieces is the fun part of our day! :)

how'd the PDI go?

our home at block has now been delayed until the fall so I'm living vicariously through your possession:p

Cool, you're moved it. That's so exciting. Are most of the pdi touch ups stuff you can do yourself or things you're going to have to hassle the builder about? How's the oven after all is said and done?

We bought on the shaw side, a b2 model. I think the site is moving along really well too. they're working 6 days a week, lots of action. I suspect the delay will definitely be the last, Fingers crossed

Last edited:
I have a quick question for the trinity bellwoods residents. Did your development register with the city when you moved in or is there a period of phantom rent? If so, how long did they say that process would take?

We bought on the shaw side, a b2 model. I think the site is moving along really well too. they're working 6 days a week, lots of action. I suspect the delay will definitely be the last, Fingers crossed

I've been following Trinity Bellwoods Townhomes and Block for quite some time, and most recently Lighthaus by Great Gulf.

@FrankieSezRelax do you have any interior photos you can share? We visited the model vignettes and I'd like to see how the final product compares. Did you do any other upgrades, e.g. glass stairwell, etc.?

@Jennypea when is your expected move-in? Have you decided what you're going to do with the basement?

Although my partner and I just moved into our second condo in November, we're looking to purchase a freehold townhouse next year. He wants to go closer to the beaches for recreation, and I want to move around Queen West for the architecture!!

Hey, we've been told a firm closing for oct 24th this year, though our friends who bought on Roxton are closing early sept. I suspect they gave themselves ample time and don't expect any more delays

We configured the basement to an apartment, potentially to use as an income suite now and for our kids way down the road if they go to u of t. We just wanted the options.

Frankie... How goes it now that you've been moved in a while?

Last edited:

Back