News   Apr 24, 2024
 685     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 885     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 558     0 

Transit Fantasy Maps

I had a lot of questions. Which part was "Phase 1" for Scarborough LRT, I got Line 5 and which was "Phase 2" for Finch? Because for me Humber College to Neilson are all part of "Phase 1".

Don't underestimate the importance of the #5 Eglinton East extension. Its actually heavily supported here as It goes thru: some very tired areas, "priority areas", Kennedy GO, Eglinton GO and Guildwood GO, UTSC/PanAm, Kingston/Morningside intersection, Malvern (if extended properly), This was the ultimate blow to Millers plan and McGuinty delt it by not funding it. I didn't like Millers plan personally as it lacked connectivity and key details and seemed to be doing the minimum so we could move on from Scarborough. Although I also think it would have possibly held up had Eglinton been funded in full. Power in numbers and Eglinton support garner sizeable support

Last edited:
Also the Finch Extension to Old Finch goes, well via Old Finch which is a 2 lane road, but I sure we could work out something for it.

Also the Finch Extension to Old Finch goes, well via Old Finch which is a 2 lane road, but I sure we could work out something for it.

The roads are a bit of a rats nest in the area at the end of Morningside due to years Political posturing between York region and the City on who should widen Steeles and the Political the limitations of Rouge park I believe. But there are lots of options to route it thru. The fact you have line #5 to the zoo gives it more cred as a priority as well.

Finch and Sheppard could be the debated for a decade while they get line 3 and 5 up and running. Lots of amazing coverage of Scarborough with those two lines alone. GO RER would help Finch in the meantime

Last edited:

Back