Toronto Totem Condos | 64m | 18s | Worsley Urban | RAW Design

Now if only something can be done about the monstrosity that is the main subway entrance.

11315527886_ab4fff7953_b.jpg

Now if only something can be done about the monstrosity that is the main subway entrance.

The problem is the monolithic beige cladding. Given its location, rainbow cladding would be more appropriate.

But any sort of public art solution might work.

The problem is the monolithic beige cladding. Given its location, rainbow cladding would be more appropriate.

But any sort of public art solution might work.

Oh dear, no! Based on the execution of public art and murals, in this ward, that could be a more unforgivable alternative!

Sexy building, more of this please.

Agreed! Black has that effect. I do like this final version much better than the previous renderings. I'm all for bringing more black clad buildings into the City. I'd like to see an entire (small) neighbourhood of them, actually. And one white building in the centre. Say an area the size of East Bayfront with a bunch of the black X Condos and a white one like Alaska right at the water.

I can dream like other people, too.

There are more fundamental problems with totems than being a lame name for a building.

It's disheartening that our culture is so absorbed with garbage media that the idea of the totem has become synonymous with the shallow plot of a shitty hollywood movie.

I hope they retain the 1950's 'people crusher' awning over the original entrance. It's one of the facade's most distinguishing characteristics (that's not sarcasm).

I like it a lot.
The second rendering is with the added floors (looks like an extra 10 or 11 floors) and the addition of the decorative fins to the front facade. It would be cool if these fins could act like shutters, like what I have seen in Europe.
The solid box that pops out part way up the building looks to be white now instead of black.

Back