Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | Kohn Pedersen Fox

The new crown appears to be communicating with Aura across the street, "I've surpassed you". Whether Aura understands this attempt at dialogue is anyone's guess...

On the other hand, the newly designed base is not speaking my language.

YSL doesn't yet exist, so it's not surpassing much at the moment. Certainly there's some hype building.

When it does overshadow Aura, I will rejoice.

Agreed on the base. Perhaps the design will change yet again.

The new crown appears to be communicating with Aura across the street, "I've surpassed you". Whether Aura understands this attempt at dialogue is anyone's guess...

On the other hand, the newly designed base is not speaking my language.

The crown (as viewed from the East and West) now tilts in the same direction as Aura on the skyline, - I'm fine with either of them. One area which I find a bit clunky from the North where the rendering depicts, and I think it looked better before in relation to tower oddly slender profile. I'm hoping these details will be refined further in the design process. Very confident in KPF to deliver.

It's mandatory to go through 3 review panels even if they're happy enough after the 2nd?

I thought DRPs are mostly voluntary?

It's required according to the criteria below - but the recommendation of the DRP is advisory in nature.

https://web.toronto.ca/city-governm...ives/design-review-panel/private-development/

AoD

Three visits aren't necessarily going to happen - they might, but they'll wrap it up sooner than that if everyone's satisfied after the second one. And @AlvinofDiaspar is correct, the recommendations are advisory. There's rarely a project that can take every suggestion into account, because the panel may produce conflicting requests: they come from individual members. Sometimes though, 99% of the advice is ignored. (I believe that was the case with Eau du Soleil.)

Personally love the newest design and the way it now meets the street. The “chunk” part at base is uninspiring. Perhaps a spire? On an angle might look neat set off of that corner maybe a 20 lenght and thick to thin point kind. Lol or not. Either way, love this project. Great spot for it. Kinda snuck in there... compliments Aura, and will look great as a gate way along side it... then picturing from eatin centre on younge looking at that and one and one.... going to look very cool for lack of better words

Current site and street level.

1AEB03A7-1C8E-4AE5-93D3-69348F08AC99.jpeg
9149FCAE-0EAB-41DE-B112-B21BA74AEAAC.jpeg

Attachments

• 1AEB03A7-1C8E-4AE5-93D3-69348F08AC99.jpeg
    1AEB03A7-1C8E-4AE5-93D3-69348F08AC99.jpeg
    166.8 KB · Views: 375
  • 9149FCAE-0EAB-41DE-B112-B21BA74AEAAC.jpeg
    9149FCAE-0EAB-41DE-B112-B21BA74AEAAC.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 361
Those retail spaces will sit empty until the start of construction, if this thing is even approved. I don't know why the developer let that happen.

Because Cresford is trying to move forward as quickly as possible. this thing is probably already mostly sold out - as soon as they can get those approvals they are going to run for permits.

May have been a vibrant stretch once but that must have been a long time ago, it’s been pretty gross as long as I can recall.

And the state it's presently in is the worst it's ever been, now that everything has closed. Doesn't help that there isn't any hoarding or promo banners teasing what is to come (I know no design details are finalized, but not even a Cresford or YSL logo). Demo or site prep has yet to commence, so it looks like everything just closed down all of the sudden... ghost-town vibes on a very busy stretch of Yonge.

Does anyone know if the Yonge St Mission has relocated to Spadina? There were protests in Chinatown early last year about the relocation plan, but no news recently. The location pictured above (part of this development) seems to have been vacated.

This was a busy stretch and a sketchy stretch for a long time. For Toronto's 'Main Street' this area has been dreadful for decades. I went to Ryerson and worked at Eaton's in the 80's . It was busy and sketchy.

Back