Toronto Yorkville Village (was Hazelton Lanes) | ?m | ?s | First Capital | Kasian

Video by first capital with some pretty significant changes to Hazelton Lanes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB5LmNYbDoM

Looks like they will be creating an entrance on Yorkville for Hazelton Lanes via 136-138 Yorkville Ave (which they bought last year).

Yorkville pedestrian entrance is a real game changer for HL...this is exactly what it needs in order to connect it to the vibrant streets in Yorkville. They are talking to some very big luxury retail names, and this now makes sense. Plus the recent acquisitions posted on earlier along Yorkville, puts First Capital into a new league of urban commercial landlords.

Yorkville pedestrian entrance is a real game changer for HL...this is exactly what it needs in order to connect it to the vibrant streets in Yorkville. They are talking to some very big luxury retail names, and this now makes sense. Plus the recent acquisitions posted on earlier along Yorkville, puts First Capital into a new league of urban commercial landlords.

Bauhaus... do tell :)

Bauhaus... do tell :)

I wish I could. We're representing several luxury brands and have presented the HL redevelopment project to them. From our early leasing calls with FC, they have been tossing around some great retailers that are obviously missing in the market now, and are looking for a place to land. The usual issue is, do they do something along Bloor or venture into something like the HL redevelopment? As soon as I'm able to, I will post some of the names that they are talking to. Rest assured, this project will be fantastic.

Yorkville pedestrian entrance is a real game changer for HL...this is exactly what it needs in order to connect it to the vibrant streets in Yorkville. They are talking to some very big luxury retail names, and this now makes sense.

I'm glad to hear this. Hazelton Lanes needs to take its rightful place as the premier exclusive boutique luxury retail spot of Yorkville (as it originally was). Just being a smaller Yorkdale won't cut it.

Anyone know what happened to La Vie Orange at Hazelton Lanes? The store looked closed when I walked by on Thursday (I know that Brown's has since shut).

Also - my understanding is that Equinox is going to move into a second floor of Hazelton Lanes above its exiting gym - or something like that - the plan is very much to stay in the mall. (retail insider had asked what was happening to Equinox).

I have been told by staff that plans are already underway for this, but they were unsure if the current space is being incorporated into the new gym.

In the new Hazelton Lanes plans, is there much street access for individual retailers on Yorkville? I can't quite make it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know what the scoop is with Hazelton Lanes? There are signs up saying that the Oval Square will be closed for renovations; there are orange lines marked on the floors throughout the mall; there's some drywall up at the north end of the mall, overlooking the atrium above Whole Foods. And, of course, the usual slow bleed of stores closing. Were those big plans for the space contingent on finding an anchor tenant?

As I understand it, Hazelton Lanes has site plan approval to upgrade and modernize the mall, both interior and exterior. Perhaps someone with more information can chime in. Do not know if this overhaul would include the property at 136 Yorkville, which was supposed to a new entrance/connection to the mall. There was talk of Hazelton Lanes expanding into the retail component of the condo proposed for 140 Yorkville, in conjunction perhaps with 136 Yorkville - does anyone know what happened to that?

As I understand it, Hazelton Lanes has site plan approval to upgrade and modernize the mall, both interior and exterior. Perhaps someone with more information can chime in. Do not know if this overhaul would include the property at 136 Yorkville, which was supposed to a new entrance/connection to the mall. There was talk of Hazelton Lanes expanding into the retail component of the condo proposed for 140 Yorkville, in conjunction perhaps with 136 Yorkville - does anyone know what happened to that?

If you are looking for some information, you can try their site:
http://hazeltonlanes.com/retail-leasing-inquiries/

or look here for a quick synopsis:
http://www.retail-insider.com/2013/08/hazelton-lanes-renovation-floorplans.html

It seems the entire place is in for a major overhaul - as I was there just tonight and there are a number of stores with either 'space for lease' signs or paper in the windows.

Not sure what to make of the work, as it is coming from Kasian - while retail architecture might be one of their stronger markets, I am never entirely convinced it should be..

p5

Full steam ahead on the Hazelton Lanes reno – most remaining stores have been relocated to the north end of the building, and large chunks of the mall have been drywalled off.

Saw that. They've kicked out almost anyone who wasn't a known brand. Practically Only whole foods, Andrews, TNT and Jacadi remain.

I'm confused about Equinox. In the leasing plans which were releases the entire second floor (where equinox is now) was reconfigured with an entrance to a third floor equinox. What's on the third floor now? http://www.retail-insider.com/retai.../08/hazelton-lanes-renovation-floorplans.html

Also does anyone know what tenants have leased space? (I assume first capital wouldn't proceed without some leasing having taken place)

Back