Toronto The New Residences of Yorkville Plaza | 92.05m | 31s | Camrost-Felcorp | WZMH COMPLETE

Should the Queens Park view corridor be preserved?

• Yes

Votes: 168 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 145 37.4%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 15 3.9%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 60 15.5%

• Total voters
What about the massive podium on the Four Seasons Hotel.....just to the south of the Tower?

I have a question as to if it will only be the podium that needs to be destroyed to make way for the 2 new towrers..

1394837057_d779ed9b63_b.jpg

I'm pretty sure they're not going to be demolishing the tower. Would be a huge surprise if they did.

I'm pretty sure they're not going to be demolishing the tower. Would be a huge surprise if they did.

yeah, it's gotta be the podium only. (I'm sure there is enough room for a couple of towers, plus all that driveway inside of it.....)

And....

That tower is huge, and bringing it down would cost big bux. I don't care how rich you are.

Including Bill Gates. - or Saudi Billionaire...whoever...

35 VALLEY WOODS RD 0.00 / 189,405.00 / 189,405.00 / 2375

That is damned huge!

770 LAWRENCE AVE W, 3083-3095 & 3101 DUFFERIN ST

Proposal to redevelop lands with a mix of uses inlcuding residential (1,880 units), retail, office and a public park. Three residential condominium buildings are proposed with retail and office uses on the ground floor.

This is another whopper of a project.

1501 YONGE ST & 22 ST CLAIR AVE E. 1,464.00 / 56,345.00 / 57,809.00 / 470

16-storey & 37-storey condominium buildings, 1 15-storey mixed-use building fronting on Yonge St. and 3.5-storey townhouses fronting on Alvin Ave.

Replaces TPA surface lot and low-rise buildings on Yonge. Another biggie.

33 MILL STREET

Is this Clear Spirit? (Boo!)

600 JARVIS ST
Site plan approval to construct 44-storey mixed-use building containing 459 dwelling units and commercial at grade.

Is this X Condo, or a new application for next door? Is it Great Gulf?

70 MONTGOMERY AVE

Proposal for a 25-storey residential condominium building containing 307 units. Existing 13 detached and semi-detached dwellings to be demolished.

No kidding the NIMBYs will be up-in-arms on this one. Can't wait to see the fireworks.

This is another whopper of a project.

1501 YONGE ST & 22 ST CLAIR AVE E. 1,464.00 / 56,345.00 / 57,809.00 / 470

Replaces TPA surface lot and low-rise buildings on Yonge. Another biggie.

I've had that application in my sights for months, as that's where I intend to buy with my gf after we sell our place at Mount Pleasant and Davisville, an area we consider to be our "exile" :D

Fiction

unfortunately, gonna have to wait for more info (online)

http://www.toronto.ca/planning/deve.../residential_monthly_report_december_2007.pdf

PREPARE FOR WAR!

Rumor has it that, acknowledging that there exists absolutely zero local demand for more luxury condo product, the developer has decided to forego any marketing in Toronto and has already set up a sales office in Dubai, and is accepting offers only in euro and is taking pre-sales for units set for occupancy in 2014.

*wink*

Rumor has it that, acknowledging that there exists absolutely zero local demand for more luxury condo product, the developer has decided to forego any marketing in Toronto and has already set up a sales office in Dubai, and is accepting offers only in euro and is taking pre-sales for units set for occupancy in 2014.

Give it a rest already! I (and I'm sure I'm not alone on this) come to this forum to see pretty developments replacing parking lots and really couldn't care less about current market conditions and the speculation on its impending doom. Not only is it old news, it has very little to do with the discussions at hand which hinge on the planning side of city development.

Indeed, please stop inflicting every thread with your one trick pony show.

You are welcomed and encouraged to discuss market conditions on this forum, but please stick to the appropriate places.

Provided it had the right massing, I think this building would lend itself well to an addition without recladding. If the extra floors were all dark glass with a smaller footprint, it might look pretty good.

*wink*

Who is the developer then? Are they local or based out of the Middle East or eleswhere?

Actually my opinion is that I would have to defend Investor on that post. OK, the one trick pony comment is somewhat valid but to say that a speculative rumour regarding the development or say, sales or status of the project is irrelevent or undesirable in a thread dedicated to the project seems odd to me. We all come here because we want to see pretty pictures etc. but how is endless chatter about window colour and historical architectural styles any more relevent? No, those topics are fun too but if we are to relegate the business or project commentary to the real estate section then why shouldn't we also ban discussion of architecture to it's respective section as well?

I'd really hate to see the Four Seasons go, apart from the dreadful podium. I think it's one of those buildings whose architecture is a bit out of style at the moment, but I bet we'd collectively look back at its destruction as a mistake. However, that has to be among the most desireable corners in the city for the luxury/speculator crowd (eat your heart out, 1 Bloor East!).

Back