Toronto X2 Condominiums | 160.93m | 49s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

A sign went up today facing Jarvis Street to amend the zoning for this property. As mentioned earlier, 44 stories and approximately 465 condominium units.

That would only be one floor shorter than X. I would have thought that if they didn't make it the same height, the variation would be greater than one floor.

... and of course 44 floors for Couture on the north side of X Condos. I really do feel bad for people who buy into a project like this and then it gets cornered in so tightly by new buildings on two of the four sides.

... and of course 44 floors for Couture on the north side of X Condos. I really do feel bad for people who buy into a project like this and then it gets cornered in so tightly by new buildings on two of the four sides.

I think many are naive to assume that any lot with potential will go undeveloped.

Part of the deal with city views is that the some of the city might be 30 metres from your window, even 44 floors up. I think a lot of people understand that.

Photos of the affected properties

Two properties on the south side Charles Street East, west of Jarvis Street

PICT1381.jpg

PICT1382.jpg

Property on the west side of Jarvis Street, just south of Charles

PICT1387.jpg

PICT1384.jpg

When I was looking to buy a condo, a half-decent view was one of my requirements; a poor view or the potential loss of a great view was a deal-breaker. For resale units, I would stand on the balcony and carefully scan the surrounding properties to assess whether the view might be threatened by future development. When I was looking at pre-construction, I would ask a lot of questions about surrounding properties on the maps or models; it made some of the sales agents squirm a bit.

So - the developer here is NOT Great Gulf, but Lifegreat? Observer Walt, or anyone else, can you shed more light on that?

My bet is that 'Lifegreat' is just a company set up by Great Gulf for the project.

Interestingly, the principal at Wallman Architects appears to be one of the partners in the firm Clewes et al. were in prior to aA.

AoD

It looks like an engorged version of the aA rental project at Sherborne and Wellsley. Not to bad though - the corner windows will be spectacular.

Back