Toronto X2 Condominiums | 160.93m | 49s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Any word if the building come with a choice of toppings?, or if the site is zoned for small, large, or extra-large?

^ I've been told that size doesn't matter but the developer is planning for 6" tolerance. Given they are in this for profit, I'm sure 7,8,9 even 10" walls with attenuated sound buffering could be negotiated.

BTW, this forum's sense of humour/embrace of the beloved corny joke is in serious disrepair... can't believe no-one has called Eileen.

Maybe if Dominos took over Pizza Pizza, Tom Monaghan could initiate this kind of design for the place
PriceTowerFolder.jpg

The reference being, of course, that Dominos founder Monaghan is a Frank Lloyd Wright fan, and that's Wright's Price Tower in Bartlesville, OK.

explaining adma to the unadmatized since 2008

"unadmatized"

Hahaha, good one 42. While I recognized Price Tower, I never would have made the Pizza Pizza/Dominoes connection.

Word on the street is that all first day purchasers will receive a free urban vehicle to help them navigate the tricky streets of T.O.

It's still hush, hush, but this is the concept they are going for...

tiny-pizza-truck-thumb.jpg

I hope that Great Gulf will propose a twin for X The Condo on this site (which would be just fine with me if X turns out to be as fine as the renders indicate it might, yes yes yes if you like this sort of Mies homage and I do). I'm not sure they will however - my impression is that after an initial burst of sales activity, that X's sales slowed more than the average project - maybe the market for retro-Miesian condo living has been fully tapped in this burg.

If it has been tapped - if Great Gulf don't think they can sell another building that looks like X - then here's what I want to see:

Remember that curtain of shiny silver circular tabs that used to flutter in the wind on the facade of the Pizza Pizza across Yonge from Sam's? Well, dammit, I want a whole building covered in those. Impractical? Who cares! I wants what I wants, and I think it would be amazing to watch a wave sweep across the facade of a 40 storey building whenever the wind kicked up.

There were the double-sized Pizza Pizza boxes, which were called Twins, coincidentally enough. So if you ordered two large pizzas, they would come in one box.

I wonder if there'll also add a six-pack of townhouses to the deal, perhaps even some cheesy lofts.

I hope that Great Gulf will propose a twin for X The Condo on this site (which would be just fine with me if X turns out to be as fine as the renders indicate it might, yes yes yes if you like this sort of Mies homage and I do). I'm not sure they will however - my impression is that after an initial burst of sales activity, that X's sales slowed more than the average project - maybe the market for retro-Miesian condo living has been fully tapped in this burg.

If it has been tapped - if Great Gulf don't think they can sell another building that looks like X - then here's what I want to see:

Remember that curtain of shiny silver circular tabs that used to flutter in the wind on the facade of the Pizza Pizza across Yonge from Sam's? Well, dammit, I want a whole building covered in those. Impractical? Who cares! I wants what I wants, and I think it would be amazing to watch a wave sweep across the facade of a 40 storey building whenever the wind kicked up.

I would really like to see a phase 2 of the X Condo so I hope Great Gulf has it figured out

Being a purchaser on a unit in the building, I'm confused by the strategy that Great Gulf is taking with their sales. They have closed their sales office for over a year and I would imagine that since then that sales have been slower. There are two schools of thought when your looking at sales in pre-construction.

1) Sell as many units as you can up to construction ie. 65%-70% to create the funding neccessary to build and then wait until the building is built or close to occupancy to sell the remaining units to maximize your profits.

2) Sell as many units as you can and as quickly as you can.

Great Gulf is gambling with the 1st approach. I think the response has been amazing to the building but why Great Gulf doesn't open up a new sales office and resume selling is perplexing.

I would really like to see a Phase 2 of the X and I think it would set off the neighbourhood and that street really nicely for a great entrance way.

I think the real reason X has sold so slowly is the name: Prudish Torontonians think of (se)X when they see the name "X" and go "Oh my that's gross" etc.

They should just go with the street number next time.

Personally, I love X condo (stunning model suite, architecture) but the location sucks; build it on King West and even I, the homeless condo guy;) might buy.

Back