Toronto Widdicombe & Eglinton Condos | ?m | 3s | Cityzen | TACT Architecture

so what does everything think of the new Fernbrook freehold townhouses going up next door at 4780 Eglinton ave. west
do u guys think starting from $700's in the pre-construction stage is a good deal for that area ? , they are having a preview next weekend and I'm thinking about it

i think its pretty dumb to have a preview weekend and except people to make appointments , when they have not even released floors plans ,exact prices , other important info like 1 or 2 garage and if it will have backyards or not !!!
unnamed.jpg

1unnamed.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,518
  • 1unnamed.jpg
    1unnamed.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,486
Last edited:
they just loaded the site plans and floors plans , very disappointed with the lack of a double car garage !!
siteplan.jpg

Attachments

• siteplan.jpg
    siteplan.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 1,854
they just loaded the site plans and floors plans , very disappointed with the lack of a double car garage !! View attachment 44979

Why disappointed with lack of a double car garage? They are building either a SmartTrack (with a station at Kipling, but no other station until the Airport Corporate Centre in the west and Scarlett/Jane in the east) or an extension of the Eglinton Crosstown LRT (with stations close by at Widdicombe, Martin Grove, and Kipling).

On second thought, if SmartTrack, then they'll need a two-car garage. With the Eglinton Crosstown LRT extension, a one-car garage is sufficient.

Why disappointed with lack of a double car garage? They are building either a SmartTrack (with a station at Kipling, but no other station until the Airport Corporate Centre in the west and Scarlett/Jane in the east) or an extension of the Eglinton Crosstown LRT (with stations close by at Widdicombe, Martin Grove, and Kipling).

On second thought, if SmartTrack, then they'll need a two-car garage. With the Eglinton Crosstown LRT extension, a one-car garage is sufficient.

unless your a car enthusiast u will never understand the joy of having a double car garage , or a single garage with a high ceiling and a car lift installed

If you're in the suburbs, a double garage is the modern standard for comfort and convenience. I hate those 1960s ranch bungalows with the cramped little single garages. With that said, the city is densifying and space is limited. Transit is being expanded. One can't expect the limited space in compact city communities to be devoted to large garages.

Last edited:
If you're in the suburbs, a double garage is the modern standard for comfort and convenience. I hate those 1960s ranch bungalows with the cramped little single garages. With that said, the city is densifying and space is limited. Transit is being expanded. One can't expect the limited space in compact city communities to be devoted to large garages.

However, there was a time that the basement was used for storage. Now basements have be changed into living space. The garage has been converted into storage space.

Storage space should be a consideration when someone is buying a home, whether townhuse or condo. They can fill up very, very quickly. If there is no storage space or very small, the garage will become that storage space.

Unless you consider using a public storage unit.

Hey all

Just curious for the phase 1'ers.
Has anyone been called back in to the decor center to reselect their Kitchen cabinets?
Apparently they have discontinued the brand we selected and have to reselect... yet another curve ball !
Regardless, I Hope to come out with some nicer cabinets.

I drove by the site a few days ago and the bricking looks great, finally stating to look like a home!
Progress is a great thing.
I Thought about posting some pics but the scaffolding blocks everything.

Anyway... talk soon neighbors !

Fernbrook homes, oh yeah !

Curious if anyone has heard about their move in dates yet?
I was shocked when we didn't receive our "delay" letter 3 months before our so called 'move in date' - stated in our last letter which is end of November; I called Fernbrook and apparently the date on the last letter is our effective move in date... who would have thought we'd actually be moving in... still don't believe it!!

Anyone else moving in the year, or any updates you'd like to share?

One could move in before the landscaping is even started. Usually, any driveway paving is not done until after about a year or so, to allow the ground to settle. Do not rush driveway paving, else cracks will appear very soon after.

For Phase 1 buyer, were you aware that we have first occupancy of condo and closing on later date?

We have bought this unit as investment and intended to rent. But with occupancy clause, not sure if we can rent it or not?

Any expert comments are welcome.

Thanks

Back