Toronto Whitehaus Condominiums | 107.28m | 31s | Lifetime | Turner Fleischer

There is a community consultation meeting taking place tonight, for anyone interested in this project and area. The purpose is to discuss this project as well as the larger block planning study that is going to take place. The open house is from 6-7pm and then the consultation is from 7pm-9pm. 200 Eglinton Avenue West, in the 1st floor multipurpose room.

Those buildings caught my attention a little while ago as well! Interesting indeed. Actually if you look at the second aerial render looking south over the Rio Can building, it looks like there are 3 or maybe even 4 on that square where the old bus terminal is (now the staging area for upcoming LRT construction). Are those just some future vision renders?

I’ve heard that there is a 56 storey residential development being planned for that corner

Midtown planning group will study Yonge-Eglinton development

Yea, that'll be right! Looks more like saying one thing and doing nothing. Next month it will be 1 year since Cllr Matlow came up with the sound bite. Nothing since. Surprised?

Midtown planning group will study Yonge-Eglinton development

Yea, that'll be right! Looks more like saying one thing and doing nothing. Next month it will be 1 year since Cllr Matlow came up with the sound bite. Nothing since. Surprised?

matlow is all bark and no bite. my two cents.

All three local councillors Stintz, Robinson and Matlow appear less-than-caring about what is happening in Midtown. They made the big announcement last year but nothing since, obviously it was all for show! Midtown is undergoing a rapid transformation but there is no overall plan. That's a dangerous thing. This stuff is too important to wait on TO councillors who are more interested in their own careers than attending to the business of community.

The site of this building is home to perhaps one of the most recognized street retail at Yonge&Eg for area residents. Anyone whose grown up in the area will definitely have known the site (and it's Gamerama) well.

I'm not opposed to this building (as it does look like a fine building for once) but I'll really loathe it if the ground level doesn't host a large range of retail.

Last edited:
The Helendale looks pretty damn good.:D
n61rT5g.jpg

yiSMJe2.jpg

gjKjlEb.jpg

Norm Li AG+i renderings from January 2015.

As the renderings show, Knightstone has bought out the RAW-authored 31-37 Helendale project to the west. The tower has grown slightly in both floorplate and Yonge Street setback. I believe it is now 30s as opposed to 28 but that is based purely on a rough count of that render (eg. unconfirmed).

Looking forward to the gears turning on this one again. AFAIK there was a bit of a perfect storm here; the original proposal didn't respect the tall buildings guidelines on Yonge, plus the City didn't want two full towers so close together here, meanwhile Pemberton was more interested in a quick return on that property, so Knightstone bought the site. If there's been a resubmission to Planning for the combined site, it's not noted on the City's website yet.

Back