Toronto Westlake | 153.31m | 48s | Onni Group | P + S / IBI

With all of the development along here, you'd think that they are building a subway.

And in the TTC's infinite wisdom, the LRT to give that area reliable transit has been axed; instead to be focused on former subway corridors...

God I love transit planning in this city!

Which is why residents in the area continue to drive downtown (me included, I live right around the block from this development). 5-10 min drive (20 in traffic) and 45-60 mins on the TTC.. Hmmmmm

So, this,

WestlakeShower750.jpg

and this,

WestlakeKitchen750.jpg

and this,

WestlakeLivingR750.jpg

will be somewhere up high in this,

WestlakeTowers750.jpg

which is Onni's Westlake, designed by Page + Steele. The 48-storey first tower is registering now.

WOW! Stunning. What a great project, with lots of amenities being added to the area, and beautiful design. So awesome. Now if only there was an LRT line in this area, it would be 10/10.

Why the blank wall on one side ... I'm fairly confident it looks like there's retail throughout - maybe even some larger scale retail, which this area greater needs.

Can't help but compare it to Parkside Village in MCC, I think I like the podium better in that project compared to this, but a few more renderings would help.

Here's the full press release which accompanied the renders above.

ONNI TO INTRODUCE WESTLAKE
A TRUE URBAN VILLAGE AT PARK LAWN AND LAKESHORE

Lakeside living in Etobicoke will soon take on a new level of excitement, when The Onni Group of Companies introduces Westlake – the first true urban village in this prime area. Situated at Lake Shore and Park Lawn, on the edge of Humber Bay Park and flanked by Mimico Creek, Westlake will be a landmark community offering access to nature and the convenience of a multitude of amenities. The first tower in this three-tower neighbourhood will feature suites, penthouses and townhouses, and residents will enjoy life in the new hub of the waterfront. Among the buildings will be 100,000 sq. ft. of retail space encompassing a major grocer, a pharmacy, cafes and many other popular venues. With the abundance of exciting shopping, recreation, services, entertainment and dining in the area, Westlake suite owners will be able to live, work, shop and play right in their community.

The Village at Westlake is the first design-built urban village in Etobicoke’s waterfront neighbourhood. Tree-lined streets, one-of-a-kind specialty stores, a handy supermarket, coffee shops, parkland and more are literally at the doorstep. Downtown Toronto is only 10 minutes away by car, an easy ride on the TTC Lakeshore streetcar, or a quick trip from the Mimico GO train station. The QEW is handy, and Pearson International Airport is a short drive.

Inspired by traditional waterfront architecture, Westlake’s glass exterior is designed by the renowned Page + Steele / IBI Group Architects, with lush landscaping by Ferris and Associates. The tall, slender first tower will rise to 48 storeys and will feature a soaring vertical architectural element culminating in a large opening reminiscent of a lighthouse beacon. Strong horizontal bands on the modern seven-storey podium will define the landscaped retail village with views to the lake and access to the river front trail. This marriage of residential and retail spaces helps to create the village ambience that makes pedestrian-friendly Westlake so special.

Among the building amenities that make life here more convenient are 24-hour concierge service from the stylishly finished lobby, a multi-purpose room with a walkout to a landscaped terrace, a games and relaxation lounge connecting to the rooftop terrace and barbeque area, as well as dedicated guest suites. Rounding out the astounding amenities in this community is CLUB W, which will be shared by the three towers and will house a raft of amenities. These include a grand party room equipped with a kitchen; a juice bar with access to a large terrace; an outdoor lounge; barbecue areas; outdoor putting green; fitness health centre; men’s and women’s change rooms; an indoor pool with a hot tub and fireplace; showers; spa eucalyptus steam room and sauna; meditation and multi-purpose room; yoga studio; massage therapy rooms; sports lounge with billiards, games table, bar and plasma TV; children’s craft centre; business centre and private theatre.

In the first tower, there will be 487 suites with a great range of unit types from one-bedroom to three-bedroom plus study suites. Sizes range from 513 to 900 sq. ft., with prices starting from just $209,900. Fabulous features include ceilings that soar up to 9’6” in height (up to 12 ft. in the penthouses), stainless steel ENERGY STAR® kitchen appliances, full-size washer and dryer, designer selected kitchen cabinetry with CaesarStone countertops, laminate flooring in the main living areas, porcelain floor tiles in the bathrooms, and much more. Many of the suites feature balconies with city and/or water views. There is also a limited collection of two-storey townhomes integrated into the buildings, from 1,100 to 1,500 sq. ft.

With over 40 years of residential construction, family owned and operated Onni Group has a proven track record for revitalizing existing neighbourhoods and creating new ones. The company also has a well-earned reputation for providing architectural innovation, superior quality and courteous customer service. Onni has received numerous awards and a great deal of recognition from the Canadian Home Builders Association for its developments over the years and continues to deliver premier residences that exceed customer expectations and provide exceptional value.

To register for Westlake, call 416-260-2600 or visit www.livingwestlake.com.

Best of the new crop of towers going up on the Humber Bay Shores. And without any reference to non-existent seas, oceans, tides, South Beaches or California Dreamins.

This will make a fantastic addition to the area. Nice that the quality bar has been raised again for Humber Bay Shores after years of being saddled with garbage architecture. In 20 years this small area will be it's own mini-city.

Will these westlake towers block BTS's east city view?

When I picked up my Star Tower (Beyond The Sea) unit 3 years ago, I picked up a notheast facing unit instead of those south facing ones everybody else favored, 'cause Humber Bay and city view interested me more than "blank" waterview. With these Westlake towers rising, should I be concerned I didn't make the right choice after all? Any idea?

Last edited:
When I picked up my Star Tower (Beyond The Sea) unit 3 years ago, I picked up a notheast facing unit instead of those south facing ones everybody else favored, 'cause Humber Bay and city view interested me more than "blank" waterview. With these Westlake towers rising, should I be concerned I didn't make the right choice after all? Any idea?

Partially block is likely. I picked a southwest facing unit on Westlake tower 1. It will also be blocked by BTS towers and many other ones south of the Lake Shore Blvd, even worth than you. My unit is on 20th floor, hopefully the waterview is not totally blocked.

Partially block is likely. I picked a southwest facing unit on Westlake tower 1. It will also be blocked by BTS towers and many other ones south of the Lake Shore Blvd, even worth than you. My unit is on 20th floor, hopefully the waterview is not totally blocked.

Mine is on 40th. At this height, I hope Westlake will contribute rather than ruining my view. ;)

Back