Toronto The Uptown Residences | ?m | 48s | Pemberton | Burka

D

DaninToronto2

I dont see a thread that would be appropriate to put this, but I thought it was interesting.

Uptown begins construction in May (Yeah right).

Also Crystal Blue is now 75% sold, and begins construction on April 15th when the sales centre closes.

So it looks like both will be rising at the exact same time. Should make for a good race to the top.

Something's already going down on Balmuto. Looks like they've started construction on something... I didn't take a close enough look to see what was going on.

Blue (is that still its name?) is suppose to be starting construction now.

Is it any harder to dig in late February / early March than it is at other times of the year? I'm embarassed to say I have no idea if the ground freezes here.

If a hydraulic excavator can chew up reinforced concrete I'm sure a bit of frozen dirt isn't much of a problem.

Something's already going down on Balmuto. Looks like they've started construction on something... I didn't take a close enough look to see what was going on.

Road and sidewalk repairs.

Saw this old shot on flickr

396076832_3b0ee42e83_o.jpg

Never seen the old theatre from above before - pretty neat. I also didn't realize there was actual greenspace between the two Manu towers.

Will the Uptown crack the 500 ft mark?

That is going to be one very dense area in the near future, and I can only imagine if 1 Bloor East was to go up too!

Ouch. Seeing that photo hurts. I had that similar view for about 10 years when I lived in the Plaza II apartments where I suspect that photo was taken from. I still can't believe that place is gone.
Onward & upward.

it is interesting that the theatre had that long extension just to have the narrow entrance on Yonge. Can you imagine a theatre doing such a thing today? It would be interesting to hear the history of that. Yes it is too bad the Uptown is no more. :-(

Back