Toronto CampusOne Student Residence (was University Place) | 79.85m | 25s | Knightstone | Diamond Schmitt

...Per person.

I know that's ridiculous! That's like a little under what some UofT residences are charging with a meal plan. Im sure you can go to Bay and College area and find a 2 bedroom aptmt for $2500 and you'd only have to share with one other person.

Especially when there's this excellent building on the same campus. And, I'll add, it's one that's not without its own healthy dose of spandrel. Just goes to show you, if deftly handled, that doesn't have to be the death sentence we deservedly now see it as:

Admittedly, putting a business school on the ground floor hasn't done much to engage the street but that's more a programming / client fault than something that aA themselves chose to do.

I really dislike Wordsworth residence. You get to build something right across arguably the 3rd busiest subway station and that is what you come up with?

The street level engagement is virtually non existent.

I don't mind the Woodsworth building tower, colour and scale - but the street level is absolutely lifeless and a real missed opportunity for the northern gateway to campus.

I don't mind the Woodsworth building tower, colour and scale - but the street level is absolutely lifeless and a real missed opportunity for the northern gateway to campus.

Yep.

Especially when there's this excellent building on the same campus. And, I'll add, it's one that's not without its own healthy dose of spandrel. Just goes to show you, if deftly handled, that doesn't have to be the death sentence we deservedly now see it as:

Admittedly, putting a business school on the ground floor hasn't done much to engage the street but that's more a programming / client fault than something that aA themselves chose to do.

Woodsworth_College_Residence.JPG

Woodsworth was built by the university. I don't even think it was a partnership. This one is completely private. They are nearly all this bad.

Again we are evaluating Woodsworth through the looking glass of now - when it was built the project is fairly unprecedented:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...s-approval-for-17-storey-dorm/article4149752/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/real...hallenges-toronto-to-grow-up/article18219666/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/real-estate/a-dormitory-dose-of-neo-modernism/article994032/

This is the sort of historical nuance and discussion we couldn't recover from the early days of UT on ezboard

AoD

Woodsworth was built by the university. I don't even think it was a partnership. This one is completely private. They are nearly all this bad.

Yep University of Waterloo is building some interesting new buildings. But all the new private student residence towers to the east (Albert Street and King/University area) are all garbage.

Wow. How ghastly. Is the future scale of College & Spadina? I wonder if those corner properties will be redeveloped soon. I haven't seen any proposals except for the silver dollar/Waverly Hotel

Back