Toronto CampusOne Student Residence (was University Place) | 79.85m | 25s | Knightstone | Diamond Schmitt

The OMB wouldn't have even been involved if we had enforceable allowable densities where any proposal exceeding them would be declined.
Post Places To Grow Act, we have evolved into a Planning by Zoning Amendment model since 1) zoning has not changed to reflect the higher densities that the Ontario Government demands, and 2) the City can only currently manage to get the public benefit bucks it needs (or at least some of them) through the up-zonings. So, we need 1) City Councillors who are willing to vote in a new, enforceable zoning regime, and 2) new predictable development charges to get the public benefit funds needed without having to negotiate for them through density increases.

Lot of the zoning was obsolete even before Places to Grow.

There have been attempts faced by huge opposition that pretty much have now died. That said, I'm starting to believe that there are major players on both sides involved that actually like the status quo. I have no idea why anyone would like something so unpredictable.

We have to hope now that a decent proposal will surface for the corner with the Burger King to hide this travesty from the west.

We have to hope now that a decent proposal will surface for the corner with the Burger King to hide this travesty from the west.

For some reason I really like that building on the corner. Perhaps it's because it is my favorite Burger King. I've eaten a lot of Jr. Whoppers there.

Good. It's like being addicted to drugs.

Good thing it's across the street from CAMH!

DSC_3258.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_3258.jpg
    DSC_3258.jpg
    841.7 KB · Views: 794
So this is a hospital building right? It would fit right in beside Princess Margaret.

As if chemo isn't nauseating enough. In all seriousness though, it would in terms of massing, but clearly built form isn't exactly something well considered in the approval.

AoD

I can see this building from my office window and home, and its bulk, relative to everyhing around it, always stops me in my tracks. Hopefully the cladding helps.

Back