Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Today they are installing lighting (LED, I think) above the west moat cover - pointing up the facade of the building and up the wall that abuts Front. They also seem to be finishing off the repair of the wall at the east end of west most - as soon as they do this they can complete the remainder of the moat cover frame.

It's below-grade, so clearly a stairway to hell. Commuter hell.

But I'm lost as to what it is/doing. Is this newly formed, or leftover? Is it providing access to the east side of the building?

Stairs to the GO Concourse - you can see the original ACC ramp beside it I think:

urbantoronto-1230-3711.jpg

AoD

Aug 30
As it stands today, Glazing will start to be install Sept 5 now all the columns bracing is in place. Stainless steel rods run across the moat and connects to the columns.

Stainless Steel plates have been added to the plates with holes in and will support something. Brackets added between the plates to support the trough cover plate.

Lighting been added on both side of the moat at the trough.

That sprinkler I said was been added to the centre is a test mock up of it and no discussion on it at this time.

Not sure if a figure wrap up was being off loaded while I was there, but sure it look like one.
36788256821_c164dfb807_b.jpg

36119877173_bd2eee29c9_b.jpg

36093843294_3259422cec_b.jpg

36788255601_b7a4bf0ac3_b.jpg

36119874703_72cab119a7_b.jpg

36093842674_aaee30e309_b.jpg

36119877393_9f5363ecd0_b.jpg

Good to see some progress on the Union station renovations. It has taken waaaaayyy too long, especially the much needed retail level in the York Concourse.

Also anyone know in the TTC station what happened to the plans to put up screens for next train arrival? I thought I read somewhere they were supposed to be installed for the summer. All this money for a new platform and we can't even get next train arrival screens....

Also anyone know in the TTC station what happened to the plans to put up screens for next train arrival? I thought I read somewhere they were supposed to be installed for the summer. All this money for a new platform and we can't even get next train arrival screens....
Apparently, it's a lack of space due to the low headroom near the track there isn't a lot of space to put them in.

If only they pay more attention to designing and placing user friendly information panels right from the start instead of wrapping ads.

Another pet peeve - stop using the mezzanine as a waiting area, and especially not at the top of the staircase/escalator landing during rush.

AoD

If only they pay more attention to designing and placing user friendly information panels right from the start instead of wrapping ads.

Another pet peeve - stop using the mezzanine as a waiting area, and especially not at the top of the staircase/escalator landing during rush.

AoD

Union Station was interesting. Some of the design features are not even used at the TTC station. When they close the 509 for example they use metal barriers when they have perfectly good glass doors.

Back