Mississauga U of T: UTM North Building Reconstruction | ?m | 6s | U of T | Perkins&Will

Surprised that there doesn't appear to be any underground parking for this building. I know that they just built a new two storey parking deck over by the Davis building, but it's SO far away from the new north building. There's almost no parking over here.

I've seen these cranes for a while now and just today realized they originate from this project, here's a small update:
DSC_4941.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_4941.JPG
    DSC_4941.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 755
Today's Update (February 17th)
Completely forgot about providing some form of an update for this project over the last near three months, so I went out today to the U of T Credit Valley/Mississauga Rd Campus, where the final phase for the reconstruction of the North Building is now well onto the 2nd floor:
SN016036.JPG

Attachments

• SN016036.JPG
    SN016036.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 586
As much as UTM has benefited from the new buildings over the last decade, and it has substantially, (the Kongats-designed one is particularly great), it still needs a few more before it will feel like a proper university campus (to me, anyway), and the new ones need to go over the awful surface parking lots. They totally ruin the campus-in-the-forest look… but they could be hidden away underground by the next buildings, and the campus would be so much the better for it.

Back