Toronto U of T: Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport | 51m | 6s | U of T | Patkau

This will be a great addition to not only the university, but to the city and country as well. Whenever Toronto finally gets the Summer Games, this building will be a huge boost for our athletes. Aesthetically, this will add a lot to the street and the Bloor neighbourhood. Once again, U of T is leading by example. If only other institutions in Toronto, that is, CITY HALL, could also run in this fashion.

Soil testing in one of the lots just south of Bloor.

varsitya26.jpg

I would like to know where exactly this will be situated - can someone please do a quick outline on a googlemap image for reference.

Thank you

posted by AndrewJM3D at SSC.....

1305122611-goldring-2-revised-1000x750.jpg

Patkau Architects and MacLennan Jaunkalns Miller Architects, in joint venture, were selected as the winner of the international design competition to design the new sports complex for the University of Toronto containing Field House, Strength & Conditioning Centre, Sports Clinic and Research, Student Facilities. Design development and programming is underway, with anticipated project completion by 2015.

http://www.archdaily.com/134030/in-progress-goldring-centre-for-high-performance-sport-patkau-architects-and-maclennan-jaunkalns-miller-architects/

But popped collars also hide unsightly turkey neck, as anyone over the age of 50 will tell you, so they're not all bad.

In Chicago at Wrigley Field, there is stadia seating setup on the rooftops of buildings across the street from the ballpark. The road is not necessarily a roadblock to future seating expansion at all.

Now that is what I call futuristic. Patkau needs to be put on retainer for our much anticipated planetarium--whenever that comes about. (Hopefully before the Star Child shows up.)

A huge building like that on west side of the field will be really great.
Football matches often held in the evening time and I really couldn't stand the dazzling sun going down right behind the field every time I watch a game there from the seating.

Last edited:

Back