Toronto U Condominiums | 183.79m | 56s | Pemberton | a—A

Mods, please pardon my mild case of OCD, but is the height of this building correct in the title of this thread? It seems to me that before the board revamp it used to be 184 metres, which would be the correct equivalent for the 604 feet listed in the database. Or maybe 604 feet is the wrong number.

But that height was also connected with the previous height of 55 storeys and, according to this thread, the developer was granted an extra storey to reach the 56 you list.

Thanks in advance for checking this.

I'm not sure where you see 604 feet in the dataBase file… but that's more likely to be right that what we have in there. Sorry, I've never been able to find the Committee of Adjustment document that permitted the increase, so I don't have anything to refer to for the final height of these buildings. I'll try to get something from the Planning Department… but they're very busy! If someone has a document that has the info, please pass it along!

Staff Report January 25, 2008 shows:
West Tower - 145m to roof and 154m to mechanical
East Tower - 175m to roof and 184m to mechanical

Sorry to have caused some kerfuffle here! I think the 604 feet figure may have come from skyscraperpage.com, though I think it appeared somewhere here also. I only occasionally visit the other site. My often faulty memory is that the figure 184 metres used to appear in the thread title here on this forum, prior to the redesign. I think I noticed the figure because of the change.

Whatever the accuracy of my memory, thanks to RacIII, it is clear that 184 m/604ft was the correct height to the top of the mechanicals, before the increase granted by the COA. Would 3 metres be a close enough round figure for an extra floor? My guess would be that they would add a high end floor, in two senses of the phrase, in the interest of maximizing profit.

Here's the answer from architectsAlliance:

The West Tower height to top of mechanical penthouse is 152.80m.

The East Tower height to top of mechanical penthouse is 183.975m.

So, I'm going to round that up to 184m and edit the thread title and dataBase file.

IMG_6246.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6246.jpg
    IMG_6246.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 1,849
Someone noted, earlier in this thread, that the accent lines in the balconies echo the angle of the steeple. I thought that was a very perceptive comment.

Back