Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Anyone can schedule something. It means nothing. In my Blackberry-free world I write out a to-do list once a week on a piece of paper and carry it around at all times, crossing off things that get done. At the end of the week there are more scheduled things left on the list than there are scheduled things that have been crossed off. Right now, for instance, I haven't picked up the passport application form, or made the optometrist appointment, or given Bruce a copy of that article, or sewn the button on my red jacket, or cleaned behind the fridge as I had scheduled to do ...

It may very well be scheduled, but if that's the case, then why not release the schedule?

Obviously, but other private companies are a lot more forthcoming and firm about their plans.

Trumptoronto stated on another board:

"Sales for Trump International officially started August/September of 2004. Just a hair under the 2 year mark now. We were hoping for groundbreaking Spring 2006, but late 2006/early 2007 is more likely. We're very close. It's a big, expensive building, so of course it's going to take a little longer than a typical condo project, both for sales and construction."

So now its early 2007. I would say that I have never seen such delay but I had the pleasure of watching 1 King West take 300 years to develop.

Who wants to take bets that 'early 2007' will come and go and the lot will remain for parking?

I'll say Early 2007, thats if it happens then.

I'm losing hope in this project, no public announcements have been recently, except that e-mail we got twice now (atleast I did, 3 months apart). I guess we'll see what happens.

Who wants to take bets that 'early 2007' will come and go and the lot will remain for parking?

I agree. It'll get built but it's clear that it ain't selling well.

Do they think people are stupid with their last chance for preconstruction prices bid? I think its been close to a year that they have been saying this now. Its funny how the Ritz certainly will have shown this development (If it really does begin construction before Trump does).

I think the overall number of units in the building was increased when the larger condos were reduced in size to match those that were selling well.

I wonder if "the Apprentice" has cheapened the whole Trump franchise - It was really only gilded to begin with - for those looking to purchase at these price levels.

I certainly would not want an "Apprentice" winner in charge of building a major condo project that I was buying into. I agree with tudararms, I think the show has cheapened the already somewhat tattered brand.

I wonder if "the Apprentice" has cheapened the whole Trump franchise - It was really only gilded to begin with - for those looking to purchase at these price levels.

On the contrary, I think the Apprentice has raised Trump's profile the point where he feels he can do international projects.

Some of his previous projects have been decidely "cheap." The fact is, Trump isn't all powerful. Just a few years ago the Trump Organization was in huge financial trouble.

I just realised, looking at that rendering, that the new B/A tower is going to block all the north-facing windows in Trump.

I wonder if it's portentious that the Trump rendering has the B/A stump hiding in plain view, right there in the foreground?

Trump, if it ever gets built, will be mostly blocked from view from all sides, fortunately.

Back