Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

What next? say Trump becomes president, will we be kicking out all American company's out of Canada:rolleyes:

6 or 7 weeks to go. I doubt Trump's performances will be as popular when things get serious. In the odd chance combovers make a comeback, the dwindling American owned American companies with be up for grabs for shrewed Canadian investors in due course. This is a characature portrayal. Same time, he isn't nearly as entrepreneurial as he thinks. Got lucky more than most see in a lifetime. Born with Trump name. New Jersey legalized gambling, married ivana

However true that response is, it's a bit beside the point, as Talon originally sought to profit from its association with the Trump name. If they don't want the negatives that are now arising from that association, they really should consider renaming the hotel. This isn't any different than having a celebrity who endorses your product become involved in something unsavoury. I'm sure that if this were the "O.J. Simpson Tower" or "Bill Cosby Hotel", there wouldn't be any question of renaming it. (Although, to be clear, I am not suggesting that Trump's comments are in any way as problematic as the likely criminal actions of those two other people.)

Exactly. They wanted to profit from Trump's name, now they have to deal with the fact that the Trump brand is not only losing its value, it's becoming a liability.

Let's say that Trump's name becomes so toxic that it starts to hurt Talon's bottom line and they decide to switch operators. What could they change the hotel to? My first thought would be that the city is still missing a W but Trump's luxury is different than W's luxury. Trump is more in line with the Ritz but we already have a Ritz. Thoughts?

Anyone know why this thing doesn't light up at night? There's a multi-colour light strip running the entire height of the building and i'd love to see it lit up.

So for those not reading the story, and only focusing on tiny hands and the inferences made, Talon is not happy. A quote from the article:

Shnaider declined to be interviewed for this story. But the lawyer representing the company, Symon Zucker, says it is indeed fed up with Trump and wants to ditch him.

“They’re not happy with us, but mostly we’re not happy with Donald,” says Zucker, of Toronto-based Danson & Zucker. “He’s put his brand behind his presidential campaign.”

So for those not reading the story, and only focusing on tiny hands and the inferences made, Talon is not happy. A quote from the article:

Shnaider declined to be interviewed for this story. But the lawyer representing the company, Symon Zucker, says it is indeed fed up with Trump and wants to ditch him.

“They’re not happy with us, but mostly we’re not happy with Donald,” says Zucker, of Toronto-based Danson & Zucker. “He’s put his brand behind his presidential campaign.”

As I am unfortunately not a Globe Unlimited subscriber, I am unable to read any of the article. Too bad, because it sounds as though I'm missing something wonderful.

That would be nice. I would hate to see Trump's management contract bought out. I guess that's why lawyers are involved.

Back