Toronto Toronto City Hall and Nathan Phillips Square | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | Perkins&Will

Here's a different angle. Note the lights on the Simpson Tower.

POSTCARD+-+TORONTO+-+BUS+STATION+-+NIGHT+-+LOOKING+NE+-+CITY+HALL+-+SIMPSON'S+TOWER+-+c1970.jpg

Photo: Chuckmanothercollection

I was wondering why there's those huge asphalt patches on the west side. Could there possibly be an expansion of the Peace Garden in those two areas?

That's crushed gravel.

A restaurant will eventually go into the southwest corner. The northwest corner where the Peace Garden is, is complete AFAIK.

I recently walked through the peace garden side of the square. The garden itself is very nice. The gravel closer to Queen Street where the restaurant will go is awful.

If the restaurant isn't coming soon, one would hope they could do a better temporary treatment of this area; it's the one part of the square that's dragging down the rest.

Restaurant or not, I kind of wish there was a green lawn and trees South of the peace garden. It looks pretty barren there, and some trees would help frame the walkway and square.

Forgive me if it's a repetitive question but what is going to happen to the gravel patch? Is it still going to be a greenspace, and if so why hasn't work progressed on it?

I wonder... Will the elevated walkway and Bay Street entrance be redone per the current plans or have those items been omited from this (never ending project)?

Back