Theatrepark1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,596
  • TheatrePark2.jpg
    TheatrePark2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,588
  • TheatrePark3.jpg
    TheatrePark3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,581
Hey thanks kris... the pigeons just seemed to appear as I took a couple of those vertical shots. Didn't see the reflected glass birdie till I uploaded it.

Last edited:
And a couple more just because I love the podium-tower juxtaposition so much:

upload_2016-4-18_11-46-27.png

upload_2016-4-18_11-46-43.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-18_11-46-27.png
    upload_2016-4-18_11-46-27.png
    619.1 KB · Views: 1,019
  • upload_2016-4-18_11-46-43.png
    upload_2016-4-18_11-46-43.png
    776.3 KB · Views: 1,012
so nice to see some architectural creativity on podiums

Big time. And it's also a great illustration of the at-grade community-building power of setbacks. I don't know where the property line is, but regardless, it's just such a nice break from the wall along that stretch, especially with the super narrow sidewalks.

Aside from the skeletal piece at the top (which I was never really a fan of in the first place), the tower is nearly identical to what was proposed. How is that a 'letdown'?

It's virtually identical, save for the pieces of the white framing that don't extend beyond the tower itself, right? That's really the only difference I see. I agree that it would've been nicer to see that finished as-is, but it's certainly not a wide divergence from render to reality (there are much worse offenders of that in the city).

I still think, for a few reasons, this project is a net gain for architectural expression in the city.

Aside from the skeletal piece at the top (which I was never really a fan of in the first place), the tower is nearly identical to what was proposed. How is that a 'letdown'?

Virtually identical? I think not.

Please, aside from the caveat I mentioned in my original post, enlighten me as to the vast gulf between the two images you've posted...

It's also nice that you've intentionally posted a picture of the building on an overcast day when everything looks especially flat. Why not post one of @Marcanadian's fantastic images on the previous page?

Back