Toronto Theatre District Residence & Riu Plaza Hotel | 156.05m | 49s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

30 WIDMER ST
Ward 20 - Tor & E.York District

►View All Properties

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Application for Consent 17 196538 STE 20 CO Jul 11, 2017 In Progress
Contact Information Hearing Dates
Committee of Adjustment - South
Hearing Date null

What exactly does application for consent: Accepted mean?
the project has been approved or what is the consent being requested if it has not yet?

Consent is a fancy legal term for the severing of land. Probably just severing it to provide a road widening or something to the city.

The city isn't subject to subdivision control - there is no need to get a consent to convey a portion of one's land to a municipality (or the other two levels of government, for that matter).

Sales centre getting prepped:

IMG_8613[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8613[1].JPG
    IMG_8613[1].JPG
    242.8 KB · Views: 471
A little closer now…

DSC06594.jpg

DSC06596.jpg

DSC06595.jpg

(No hints given away in the rendering. In fact, it's centred too far east.)

Attachments

• DSC06594.jpg
    DSC06594.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 473
  • DSC06595.jpg
    DSC06595.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 459
  • DSC06596.jpg
    DSC06596.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 477
I was hoping someone could help me out. I purchased a unit in this building on the 24th floor facing south. The Hyatt is right next to the tower to the south and I was hoping my unit would clear it. (I'm aware other condos are on the other side on King). The sales centre told me the Hyatt is 20floors with 10 foot ceilings. I looked up the total height of Hyatt and it is 65m. Theatre District is 9foot ceilings and skips floors 4 13 and 14 so I'm on structural level 21.

The sales centre said floor 27 clears the Hyatt (I'm on 24) but also said they are saying that to be safe. But I did some math. 21 floors times 9ft = 57.6M. Add in 1.5 for the minimum lobby height. The space between floors has a slab of 7inches is that correct? That would add another approximate 3m.

Im estimating the ceiling of my condo would be at 57.6 + 1.5 + 3 = 62.1 m. Considering the Hyatt is 65m and is 25m away I feel I would still see the CN tower and have somewhat of a view.

Am I missing anything? Does this seem right? I'd appreciate any help as I'm in the 10 day cooling period and would consider cancelling the purchase as I initially thought the 24th floor would easily clear the Hyatt.

Thanks for reading and I would appreciate any thoughts or advice.

Lobby heights are different in every building, slab thickness can vary a little too, and there may be something like a trasher slab adding height somewhere: without the documents up on the City's website, we just cannot know.

One thing it would be helpful to know, @buycondo, is if you have bought this from Plaza, and if this is the first of their Theatre District Residence towers. So far we only have speculation that this south tower has become a Plaza project. Help!

Lobby heights are different in every building, slab thickness can vary a little too, and there may be something like a trasher slab adding height somewhere: without the documents up on the City's website, we just cannot know.

One thing it would be helpful to know, @buycondo, is if you have bought this from Plaza, and if this is the first of their Theatre District Residence towers. So far we only have speculation that this south tower as become a Plaza project. Help!

Yes I bought it from Plaza. The south tower is Plaza and there will also be a north tower by Plaza. The south tower is almost sold out (only 9 or so units left all 3 bedrooms). The north tower will be a hotel and residential tower. The hotel is the bottom floors. There will be no precon sale for the north tower. They will be for sale when the tower is complete. I found that interesting because I always thought they needed 70% or so units sold before building. Hope that helps.

The Hyatt is closer to 75 meters. It's also a mixed use tower with office space on the first 8 floors which are obviously taller than the hotel floors.

The Hyatt is closer to 75 meters. It's also a mixed use tower with office space on the first 8 floors which are obviously taller than the hotel floors.

I just did a search and I think you are right. I saw 65m google search but now I'm seeing closer to 75m. Thanks. I think I'm going to cancel it as I thought I was getting a clear view over the Hyatt when I purchased

Back