Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

The exoskeleton was modified, not eliminated. It started as a diamond pattern, it's now a hanger style one, à la Foster's HSBC HQs in Hong Kong.

There's certainly a lot of speculation about the building going on at the moment, but the degree to which it is idle or informed is opaque to me. We do know that they only have some of the permits, and none of the zoning approvals yet. Mizrahi will likely have all of that in the next three months.

Whatever the soil is like on this site, to whatever amount it may be contaminated would not on its own require a redesign of the building's program, more than it would just dictate how the excavation proceeds. Ultimately, the building will be anchored in the rock below the surface, no matter what the first several metres down are like.

Certainly it will be a challenge to open the first store here by the first quarter of 2018, but if the reports of the top-down excavation and construction method from two pages ago are true, it may be a way to achieve that goal.

Whatever happens, and here's for it happening, it's going to be very interesting watching The One come together. We will not have seen anything like it.

So maybe @innsertnamehere is kinda mean above, (I know at times I've bared my claws on Urban Toronto before too), but I have to admit some frustration with @enrigue8 too, not so much for his English, but more for all the one-liners, usually declaring "this should have looked nicer" or something like that, with little or no further explanation. Maybe that's the source of @innsertnamehere's frustration too? Urging higher quality information in the posts is the key, as we all want to read something that has some substance to it.

pretty on base. I have no issue with broken English, a few members come to mind with bad grammar that I find invaluable to this forum, and hell, sometimes my posts can be fairly incoherent due to my laziness and the difficulty of dealing with mobile posting.. But when grammar is piled on top of posts that never contain content of any form, I get a bit impatient. Plus I find this forum can be so serious often, I try to throw some humor out whenever I can.

So maybe @innsertnamehere is kinda mean above, (I know at times I've bared my claws on Urban Toronto before too), but I have to admit some frustration with @enrigue8 too, not so much for his English, but more for all the one-liners, usually declaring "this should have looked nicer" or something like that, with little or no further explanation. Maybe that's the source of @innsertnamehere's frustration too? Urging higher quality information in the posts is the key, as we all want to read something that has some substance to it.
Not everyone here is proficient in the construction, real estate, or architecture fields, and has helpful insider information to impart. Some members are just urban or skyscraper enthusiasts with opinions. I am one of those. Should we be ridiculed or banned? It seems to me, in a city like Toronto, with its constellation of cultures, deriding someone's broken English and putatively primitive provenance is sophomoric and not nice. At least enrique8 is taking part in the conversation, whether his comments/questions are particularly insightful or not.

I am not sure why everyone thinks this project has moved slowly. It seems it has moved quite quickly to me. The site is basically levelled and as soon as they have approvals, (which appear likely) construction appears eminent.

Not everyone here is proficient in the construction, real estate, or architecture fields, and has helpful insider information to impart. Some members are just urban or skyscraper enthusiasts with opinions. I am one of those. Should we be ridiculed or banned? It seems to me, in a city like Toronto, with its constellation of cultures, deriding someone's broken English and putatively primitive provenance is sophomoric and not nice. At least enrique8 is taking part in the conversation, whether his comments/questions are particularly insightful or not.

Thank you. Yes this is supposed to be fun forum.Everyone should participate to conversations. I love toronto a lot and i want news about projects.I m not an insiders with informations but i love skyscrapers. That its.

I am not sure why everyone thinks this project has moved slowly. It seems it has moved quite quickly to me. The site is basically levelled and as soon as they have approvals, (which appear likely) construction appears eminent.

All i can say it moved quickly,compared to mirvish or 1-7 yonge and others supertalls.

Agreed. It was announced well after those and looks to be the first one to go up, if the demo action is any indication.

I don t understand how this can be in demo if it was not officially approved by the city.I never heard it was approved.
I think they will flip the land when it will be approved. But honestly i prefer the design of mirvishs or 1-7 yonge.

Demolition permits don't require rezoning. What requires rezoning is building permits for something that is outside of the existing zoning scope. A developer can actually get shoring and excavation done before getting zoning approvals if they wanted to. Zoning is only needed to start constructing the actual building.

Back