Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I read an interview with Barry Fenton of Lanterra on BNN. He said he was outbid on a parcel of land on the northeast corner of Yonge and Bloor. Does anyone know what parcel of land he is referring to? Perhaps the Bay?

Does anyone know what parcel of land he is referring to? Perhaps the Bay?

Huh? there has always been rumours regarding that corner,
but really, is there any space to build anything? unless of course they raze the office bldg. which i doubt,
or is there a future plan to re-clad and add an additional 40 floors of condos over-top?, i guess we'll know soon enough:)

...but really, is there any space to build anything? unless of course they raze the office bldg. which i doubt...

There's room to build something... a handsome building was razed AFTER the HBC tower went up. The crappy RBC pavilion came later.

14050619740_4137bb5ced_b.jpg

Attachments

• 14050619740_4137bb5ced_b.jpg
    14050619740_4137bb5ced_b.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 1,178
Wouldn't surprise me if you see a major retailer set up shop on the corner, a major reno of the Hudsons Bay, and a new tower or two squeezed in on site.

A tower or two? Jeez, that parcel isn't big but I guess it's possible. I wouldn't be surprised to see something big coming if the Marriott gets involved. Perhaps convert their existing property to condos, and build a new 90-100s skyscraper on the parcel with a location for them somewhere near the top. They're now the largest hotelier, and a more pronounced site could be what's in store to help ring in their preeminent status.

I can't believe that beauty of a building missed the wrecking ball when it came to the tower, but then met it for the bank pavillion

What a terrible loss of that building. I believe Prince Charles said that more heritage was lost to crappy architects and developers than the Blitz!

The loss is one thing, the quality of the replacement was another - it is particularly lamentable because it was lost to enable something as horrid as that.

AoD

Back