Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

In the dark, the exoskeleton creates an optical illusion that makes the segments look slanted, almost like an upside down Taipei 101.

1C672A13-5595-4C62-B591-EF34432B30E2.jpeg

Attachments

• 1C672A13-5595-4C62-B591-EF34432B30E2.jpeg
    1C672A13-5595-4C62-B591-EF34432B30E2.jpeg
    860.2 KB · Views: 3,561
Back cover of the Globe this weekend:

View attachment 124241

(Noticed for the first time, though we've seen this rendering before, that they've taken the liberty to put Apple Store tables in the retail unit.)

They’re not even hiding the Apple Store now. It even has one of their big screen walls in the back. Maybe they’re just trying to lure Apple to lease the space.
That said, it’s a pretty small space for an Apple flagship. There’s a lot of ceiling height but there doesn’t seem to be much floor space for Apple’s new layout and sections.

Floor plans posted by Kotsy in the real estate thread. The document is long but the last pages show the detailed floorplans and configurations for the penthouses, again being listed as going up to the 85th level (time to update the threads floor count?).

My friend, Amir Farahani, is a sales rep for The Real Estate Office and hooked me up with the floor plans and the real estate broker book.

For more info or to get on the waiting list, you can reach him at amir@therealestateoffice.ca or 416.301.9347.

https://ufile.io/53yse

They’re not even hiding the Apple Store now. It even has one of their big screen walls in the back. Maybe they’re just trying to lure Apple to lease the space.
That said, it’s a pretty small space for an Apple flagship. There’s a lot of ceiling height but there doesn’t seem to be much floor space for Apple’s new layout and sections.
There might be more Apple Store in the basement. Think the former Fifth Avenue location (Glass Cube).

Floor plans posted by Kotsy in the real estate thread. The document is long but the last pages show the detailed floorplans and configurations for the penthouses, again being listed as going up to the 85th level (time to update the threads floor count?).

Those 3-level penthouses having their own internal elevators - nice if you can afford it

Those 3-level penthouses having their own internal elevators - nice if you can afford it

Which I assume will be in use. The floor plan is interesting to say the least. The common areas (kitchen, living room, etc) are on the 1st level, the 2nd level is technically a half-level with much of it being open to below (a spectacular double height space), with the master bedroom on the third. It might be a bit of a stretch to walk down those 3 flights of stairs to get down to the kitchen every morning. Nonetheless, it looks to be stunning, and I think it might just edge out the Trump Tower (St.Regis) Super Penthouse in terms of wow factor.
* edit: who needs a kitchen, you can probably have breakfast cooked and sent up the elevator for you.

Which I assume will be in use. The floor plan is interesting to say the least. The common areas (kitchen, living room, etc) are on the 1st level, the 2nd level is technically a half-level with much of it being open to below (a spectacular double height space), with the master bedroom on the third. It might be a bit of a stretch to walk down those 3 flights of stairs to get down to the kitchen every morning. Nonetheless, it looks to be stunning, and I think it might just edge out the Trump Tower (St.Regis) Super Penthouse in terms of wow factor.
* edit: who needs a kitchen, you can probably have breakfast cooked and sent up the elevator for you.

Plus a full rooftop deck with a built in outdoor kitchen/dining area. All yours for 20M! The internal elevator for the penthouse looks slightly meh - esp. given what transpired at Apple HQ2 theatre:

DSCF2638.jpg

(From Recode/Vox: https://www.recode.net/2017/9/13/16299086/apple-park-steve-jobs-theater-iphone-event-photos)

On another note, look at how massive the megacolumns are - and those diagids looks surprisingly robust, almost structural (but I thought they aren't).

AoD

Last edited:
Units start at $750,000....for 591 sq ft. Floor premiums are $5,000?

What sort of market is that trying to target? The rent on that would be at least $3,000 to allow the owner to break even on the purchase.

Units start at $750,000....for 591 sq ft. Floor premiums are $5,000?

What sort of market is that trying to target? The rent on that would be at least $3,000 to allow the owner to break even on the purchase.

The ppsf numbers here aren't wildly divergent from what some units have traded for in a number of buildings in Yorkville.

Plus a full rooftop deck with a built in outdoor kitchen/dining area. All yours for 20M! The internal elevator for the penthouse looks slightly meh - esp. given what transpired at Apple HQ2 theatre:

DSCF2638.jpg

(From Recode/Vox: https://www.recode.net/2017/9/13/16299086/apple-park-steve-jobs-theater-iphone-event-photos)

On another note, look at how massive the megacolumns are - and those diagids looks surprisingly robust, almost structural (but I thought they aren't).

AoD
The diagrids are structural.

Back