Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

A condo will have to be tall at that price tag. That is only one possibility including them sitting on it.

I'm not positive a high-rise on this site would be considered viable from a planning perspective, thinking about separation distance more from the building to the south than the one to-come on the east.

You could squeeze a skinny point tower on it. Be a whole lot easier and probably just as rewarding for a commercial retail investor to build a 2 or 3 storey, big box building there with top quality finishes.

We've certainly seen some amazing proposals come and go in recent years - The One, Mirvish Gehry, Oxford F&P, and of course Cumberland Terrace, the champion disappointer. Luckily there are countless 40 story boxes getting proposed and built the next day.

We've certainly seen some amazing proposals come and go in recent years - The One, Mirvish Gehry, Oxford F&P, and of course Cumberland Terrace, the champion disappointer. Luckily there are countless 40 story boxes getting proposed and built the next day.

What are you talking about? The One and Mirvish Ghery aren't "gone" unless you have some secret information for us. The Oxford one was never a proposal. And Cumberland Terrace was folded into the new master planned block, which will probably be a huge improvement.

What are you talking about? The One and Mirvish Ghery aren't "gone" unless you have some secret information for us. The Oxford one was never a proposal. And Cumberland Terrace was folded into the new master planned block, which will probably be a huge improvement.

I've heard the new Cumberland Terrace is actually going to be a thrilling proposal! And Oxford was a proposal. And M&G was approved ages ago, as was The One.

I was kind of hoping you had an update regarding the status of the tower.

I understand people don't like seeing threads bumped. But when super high profile projects go radio silent for ages - that is worth discussing, since sometimes it elicits news or insight. We'll see.

I understand people don't like seeing threads bumped. But when super high profile projects go radio silent for ages - that is worth discussing, since sometimes it elicits news or insight. We'll see.
we know why there is radio silence though. This has a hearing scheduled with the board in a little over two weeks.

Lots happening w M&G + the One behind the scenes. These are complicated projects with a lot of moving parts and not everything happens in a public forum.

Good to see you're still about, Mike.

Your posts over the years, less frequent than many, have often been among the most insightful.

I don't think I've seen a scale model before; pic from that article:

58e397e03d37b_Sam_Mizrahi_The_One.jpeg

Back