Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Hmmm, thats interesting, so we will have Menkes and Tridel putting up hopefully a couple signature buildings here. (On 90 and 120 respectively) I think this spot is ideal for both developers to make a grand statement. Whereas Tridel had Hullmark to do that with, and its rendering is nice, I think here a bolder tower would be appropriate.

This will be an intersting drive in to the downtown from Gardiner to say the least...

Last edited:
so if this plot gets built... is the unraveling of the bay-york ramp finally dead?

I there's any place to put a sleek, new sharp-prowed building in Toronto, this is it.

The rendering posted at the BuiltTO site show a base that fills the lot, but a with round middling tower that is well pulled back from the 'traffic' end of the site - and it's possibilites.

Not only could the tower fill more of the footprint of the triangular site (and sleekly hide some of the ugly backs of the Waterclub Condos), it could also be taller than the current plans show. If it were moved to the west end of the property - it could have an unrivalled effect visually, splitting the flow of traffic between the Gardiner and the Harbour Ramp.

I hope someone thinks daringly when designing the aesthetics of this one. It could be something of a landmark for those arriving downtown from the west.

yorkie-1.jpg

Last edited:
my understanding though is that the ramp is suppose to go down the side closest to the gardiner and beginning slopping down just after simcoe... how are they going to have enough room to do that and a building? The site is already tiny as it is. The render will be fascinating.

my understanding though is that the ramp is suppose to go down the side closest to the gardiner and beginning slopping down just after simcoe... how are they going to have enough room to do that and a building? The site is already tiny as it is. The render will be fascinating.

The recommended new ramp would join Lake Shore back at Simcoe Street, so it should have zero effect on this stretch as it already would be blended into the existing paved area.

the new ramp makes no sense. it'll only bring the usual back up of cars on the York St. ramp onto the expressway it self.

Back