Toronto Tableau Condominiums | 124.05m | 36s | Urban Capital | Wallman Architects

^ I dont think the club district will be a concern if that's what you're referring to.
Fez Batik is already gone on the NE corner. Distrikt and Light Lounge are slated to make way for an office/condo tower at the NW corner. This proposal eliminates 3 clubs on the SE corner and apparently Privilege is not going to become another club which frees the SW corner from clubs also.

The only clubs in the immediate vicinity will be Lot 332, Republik, Budo and maybe This is London if it stays... that's at least a 70 decrease in nightlife patronage but a significant increase in homeless people where there were none/few before.

No love for Club 338?

This site at Peter & Richmond is now being planned as a hotel/condo development. Thirty stories - the lower eight will be condos, and the upper 22 will be hotel units.

The days of Tonic and Pizzaville are numbered.

And the mix of hotel/condo seems odd ...... usually the condo portion makes up the capital for the construction of the hotel/building.

ie. 550 Wellington, Four Season hotel and condo, 1BE.

This site at Peter & Richmond is now being planned as a hotel/condo development. Thirty stories - the lower eight will be condos, and the upper 22 will be hotel units.

The days of Tonic and Pizzaville are numbered.

I think you have it backwards. The Urban Capital website has the following information:

"Together with partners Malibu Investments and Alit Developments, Urban Capital has purchased a 21,000 sf development site at the southeast corner of Richmond and Peter Streets, in Toronto's Entertainment District. Planning is underway to develop a thirty storey mixed used building, with approximately 300 residential units above a 150-room boutique hotel. Urban Capital is currently in discussions with a Canadian based hotel company to own and operate the hotel."

Another interesting tidbit on the website is as follows, "Concurrently, Urban Capital and Alit have entered into an agreement to purchase a development site in the Bay-Bloor area, south of Toronto's premier Yorkville District. Approvals are now being sought for a thirty storey residential tower."

Does anyone know where exactly this would be?

The only available site I can think of is 1000 Bay on the southwest corner of St. Joseph. There is no other empty site unless they do a teardown. How about the old Ontario Gov't building at Bay & Grosvenor?

The only available site I can think of is 1000 Bay on the southwest corner of St. Joseph. There is no other empty site unless they do a teardown. How about the old Ontario Gov't building at Bay & Grosvenor?

or that really bleak residential bunker at NE St. Mary & Bay

That land where the building at Bay and Grosvenor is staying provincially owned. So I doubt that.

Perhaps it is referring to the St. Nicholas Street development? There really isn't much space anywhere else in that area. Pemberton has the St. Joseph lot. Oh wait, maybe it is the small corner parking lot at Bay and St. Joseph right beside Bistro 990?

FYI everyone, I'm just speculating. I'm trying to figure where new towers in this area can even go up.

OPA/Rezoning Filed - August 7, 2009

OPA / Rezoning 09 154905 STE 20 OZ 117 PETER ST

Rezoning application for a proposed Mixed use hotel / Condominium - 29 stories in height - 4 levels below grade parking - 201 parking spaces - 297 units

Vaughn is a moron and has completely destroyed this area. We'll look back and tell our kids about how "fun" Toronto use to be.

Vaughn is a moron and has completely destroyed this area. We'll look back and tell our kids about how "fun" Toronto use to be.

Yes! I couldn't agree more. The area has been COMPLETELY DESTROYED BY ADAM VAUGHAN. Flattened! Ruined! People from the city patrol the rubble to make sure that no children are caught smiling.

Actually, last I checked, the place was still full of pop-collared jerks come the weekend. So fear not, you're safe.

Duchebags with popped collars are soooo 2006...

jon-gosselin-match-com.jpg

Back