Toronto Tableau Condominiums | 124.05m | 36s | Urban Capital | Wallman Architects

Not happy that they're using charcoal brick on the historic facade over red. Was it not originally a red brick building? The contrast also would have been welcome. Too much black.

Not happy that they're using charcoal brick on the historic facade over red. Was it not originally a red brick building? The contrast also would have been welcome. Too much black.

What the heritage building used to look like:

Screen shot 2016-01-21 at 2.30.39 PM.png

Screen shot 2016-01-21 at 2.31.10 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-01-21 at 2.30.39 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-01-21 at 2.30.39 PM.png
    801.9 KB · Views: 1,535
  • Screen shot 2016-01-21 at 2.31.10 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-01-21 at 2.31.10 PM.png
    973.5 KB · Views: 1,582
Wasn't the original building basically destroyed by the developer during the excavation? If I remember right, they tried to present the demolition as fait accompli but the City forced them to keep rebuilt facade as planned.

I can see how some people would like to keep the original brick colour look. But I can also see that the black coloured brick also will look good. It seems to blend in better with the black and white building all together and looks unique. I have to say this building is turning out better than I thought it would! The rendering never gave this building justice.

Wasn't the original building basically destroyed by the developer during the excavation? If I remember right, they tried to present the demolition as fait accompli but the City forced them to keep rebuilt facade as planned.
No. The plan has always been to tear down the building and replicate the facade with other bricks. You'll see in the renderings that they were originally going to use a light coloured brick, but at some point they decided the black bricks would work better.

Nice restore! This will look great at ground on this side when completed. can't wait for the archway and window to come back I hope they keep it white. Just cleaned.

Back