Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

Awesome pics, thanks. I hadn't noticed its inclusion in any renderings, but it looks like there may be a (very high) terrace space on the N side of the office tower—anyone know if that's right?

It wraps around 3 sides of the tower. Whatever tenant rents that floor will have access to it.

I think this is the last time I photograph from this view, little to repetitive, going try new route after Jays game next time
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,886
This is turning out better than expected, better even than Ice. Will be interesting to see if they redesign the office component over there. Hopefully, they do.

Is it known who will be the tenant for the space originally for Target store?

I would love to see Simons in the space, but I'm not sure it's the best space for a new brand to set up shop in.

If Simons could build something that's a gorgeous inside as their new store at Square One, there'd be no reason why they couldn't draw enough shoppers to the location. That said, I think that this development needs more than just fashion in it to be really useful to the people living in the area. It would work if there were a couple more stores in there as well… but I'm still (likely without hope) wishing for an urban IKEA there. (Simons could always end up in a revamped Dominion Public Building at 1 Front Street West, now that it's up for sale…)

Back