Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

there's still one upside down though haha

Wow the menkes buildings are huge ! May even look slightly bulky, I thought it was a square but its more of a rectangle, or is it just my eyes ?

I passed by today, and they are definitely more rectangular than square shaped.

IMG_20151123_162019.jpg

The balcony glass will be a nice shot of color(Edna Krabappel-HA!) from the the recent additions of blue, blue, light blue, green, green/blue and whatever the mess that you would call Infinity 1-3.

I thought the same thing re Yonge/Bloor Bay bunker! I do hope the lighting and finishes will help this and I will reserve my final thoughts until the building is finished. I am also curious as to the time frame for the re build of the off ramp from the Gardiner. When that is done the park will be an interesting urban space.

It's a new park-fronting development steps from the waterfront. How is that much better?

There are plenty of bunkers in this city that go virtually unnoticed. Hudson Bay Centre stands out because its at Yonge and Bloor. The office tower lobby faces the park. The bunker part more or less faces a parking garage on a stretch of street that is inhospitable to pedestrians. Pedestrianizing the street would be futile effort with Queens Quay right there.

harbourplaza-retailpromenade-resized-600.png
"the bunker" on harbour street will have retail at its base

Attachments

• harbourplaza-retailpromenade-resized-600.png
    harbourplaza-retailpromenade-resized-600.png
    739.7 KB · Views: 2,184
Last edited:
Of course because just about every building built has ground floor retail. The rendering of an animated street with successful shops is quite far fetched.

Back