Toronto 2 St Thomas | 80.46m | 26s | KingSett Capital | Hariri Pontarini

Some siding has arrived on site. It looks like about a 1"-2"thick stone laid onto concrete slabs. It looked like what was used on the Florian condo except with stone instead of "brick". Hard to tell if the stone was real or not. I couldn't get close enough.
From what I remember, I think the podium was originally intended to resemble the McKinsey building next door- do these materials look McKinsey-esque?

I would be surprised if it's not real stone.

We are going to see more of this, as in panels with real stone or brick veneers anchored into concrete. I am not certain if this particular method was used on the Florian, could be, but it's being used at Lago at the Waterfront and Riva del Lago now, and I believe it's going to be used at The Selby. Essentially, either real cut stone or real kiln-fired "thin" brick is laid down into customized panel templates, and then a poured reinforced concrete backing is created. The end result is a highly weather-resistant, low-maintenance, long-lasting, well-insulated piece of building envelop which can be lifted into place, and which—other than where there are seams between the panels—appears to be real brick and real stone, because the facing is real brick and real stone.

No, it's not erected by traditional methods, but the fabricators are saying it will last longer than traditionally made products, and it's easier to install as you don't have to build tall scaffolds or hang stages around buildings.

There's more than one way to build the panels, but check out this YouTube vid as an example of one method.

I'm okay with that as I can't remember the last time I saw a decent brick installation with straight flush lines.

Looks like very nice real stone to me. From today.
IMG_1916.JPG
IMG_1917.JPG
IMG_1918.JPG
IMG_1919.JPG
IMG_1920.JPG
IMG_1921.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1916.JPG
    IMG_1916.JPG
    871.6 KB · Views: 1,523
  • IMG_1917.JPG
    IMG_1917.JPG
    728.6 KB · Views: 1,466
  • IMG_1918.JPG
    IMG_1918.JPG
    995.6 KB · Views: 1,495
  • IMG_1919.JPG
    IMG_1919.JPG
    859 KB · Views: 1,455
  • IMG_1920.JPG
    IMG_1920.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,470
  • IMG_1921.JPG
    IMG_1921.JPG
    860.5 KB · Views: 1,466
The stone pattern matches the stone pattern on floors 2-4 on the McKinsey building. It will be icing on the cake if we get wood trim on the windows on these floors. It's hard to tell, but from the image on the Kingsett site, maybe we will (also would be fantastic to get a little retail here):

2-St.-Thomas-cropped.jpg

Makes sense. Guys and gals paying $12000 a month on rent will pay alot to have a mouthful of stars too.

Back