Toronto St Lawrence Market North | 25.3m | 5s | City of Toronto | Rogers Stirk Harbour

Going down fast.

IMG_2012.JPG
IMG_2015.JPG
IMG_2019.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2012.JPG
    IMG_2012.JPG
    446.4 KB · Views: 1,113
  • IMG_2015.JPG
    IMG_2015.JPG
    487.3 KB · Views: 1,132
  • IMG_2019.JPG
    IMG_2019.JPG
    636.5 KB · Views: 1,133
I think the mural will be missed about as much as the left-over-from-many-Christmases-ago-because-they-never-washed-the-windows painting of a cardinal on the glass over the door.

Ha. I never noticed that Christmas painting on the window. According to Streetview, that was there for 9+ years. Google took a lot of photos of the building in the months of May, June, July, etc. with the entrance all decorated for Christmas. How lazy.

The mural on the wall will not be missed. It incongruously shows a farmer's market in a rural area (out in the middle of a corn field, it appears) and bears no relationship to the urban market hall it adorns. Also, it's not great. Possibly better than the buff brick wall it covered, but that's not saying much.

The mural on the wall will not be missed. It incongruously shows a farmer's market in a rural area (out in the middle of a corn field, it appears) and bears no relationship to the urban market hall it adorns. Also, it's not great. Possibly better than the buff brick wall it covered, but that's not saying much.

It's this continual denial of the urban reality and our obsession with the rural ideal (vis-a-vis "village", "mills", "town", etc). Just how a mall is a village, a subdivision a mill and a complex of highrises is a town is beyond me.

Nothing to see here.

AoD

Last edited:

Back