2017-08-23.JPG

Attachments

• 2017-08-22.JPG
    2017-08-22.JPG
    573.4 KB · Views: 586
  • 2017-08-23.JPG
    2017-08-23.JPG
    780.2 KB · Views: 613
Good riddance to that awful parking lot. It's an awful dead zone, especially given that one of the prettier parts of the city is just two blocks away.
I agree that lot has been a blight for many many years. Perhaps this has been mentioned..is there going to be much retail in the base of this?

Thank goodness for small units. It means that there may be some independents and smaller chains in there, and not just another Shoppers Drug Mart. It may take a while to get a good mix, (the first retailer in any particular spot may not be the one that lasts for years), but at least there's the type of space that will support variety.

Thank goodness for small units. It means that there may be some independents and smaller chains in there, and not just another Shoppers Drug Mart. It may take a while to get a good mix, (the first retailer in any particular spot may not be the one that lasts for years), but at least there's the type of space that will support variety.

That's a good theory and I hope you are right but it is not what usually seems to happen. To get good retail the developer - who usually retain ownership of retail - really needs to be committed to this (and not to be too greedy with rent demands!) Fingers crossed.

Agreed. It always takes time to get a good mix, and whoever the landlord is, they don't want the units to sit empty too long. No idea how long any particular landlord would be willing to leave a spot vacant, and anyway, all of this is probably three years away before any of this starts opening!

Two of the units are about 4,000 sf. No dry cleaner or nail salon is taking that much space.

Isn't there a dry cleaner almost right across the street on the south side of Front? Rabba, library, pet store, McDee's not that far away, St Lawrence Market, etc. I think it's a great location to be in. I almost bought a unit here, and though glad that I eventually didn't, I'm happy to see things finally moving along.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a dentist/hair dresser although there are a few of those around the corner as well. I would LAUGH if a Subway came only - seems to be one at the base of every condo, but there's one just steps away.

Next thing I'd like to see change is the gas station on Sherbourne. :)

Back